Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a scam email or not I cannot tell

(Topic created on: 19-02-2022 08:19 AM)
Dark0100
Explorer
Options

Cover image

The view online link that came with the email took me to this page; and the email address I recieved it from is no-reply@m1.email.samsung.com

I have never seen this website address being m.m1.email.samsung.com which is what is scary because if it is a scam then they know my details...
Please help
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
KirkyLAD
Navigator
Options
I can't see the image to say for sure but if it came from anything ".samsung.com" (the dot before Samsung is important) then it is very likely legitimate. Without Samsung's systems themselves being compromised, it is not possible for scammers to send emails from an address that is part of the Samsung.com domain as it's owned by Samsung
Dark0100
Explorer
Options
^SmartSelect_20220219-081352_Chrome_22519_1645258432.jpg
0 Likes
KirkyLAD
Navigator
Options
That looks good to me. Again they aren't really pointing you at a big link to take some action which is what scammers usually do. I wouldn't worry about it, dude. If you are worried change your password.

I work in IT and spend a lot of my time looking at cybersecurity threats.

I want Samsung to confirm it for you but I'm convinced that's real
Dark0100
Explorer
Options
Alright good to know, thanks!
0 Likes
Dark0100
Explorer
Options
I see, thanks for the confirmation. Just was so excited I was second doubting the email because I didn't get a DPD email yet heh
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's an legit email, unless you didn't order a S22 🤣
Natmcd1986
Apprentice
Options
no-reply@m1.email.samsung.com is this a legit email address I've recieved mail from
0 Likes
Dark0100
Explorer
Options
I believe it is, I got that email when I first posted this
0 Likes
Natmcd1986
Apprentice
Options
Thankyou xx I really should have read thread before asking sorry 😜