Support

Open search

Image transfer from sd card to phone

Highlighted
SOLVED
Apprentice

I use DSLRs for most of my photography, one of my cameras does not have wifi, so I bought the i-flashdevice HD card reader to transfer images to my Samsung a20e.

Unfortunatley the device has no instructions! I understand that an app is not required? 

Any assistance with this issue would be greatly appreiated

Thanks

macabee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi Andrew

I found 'USB for file transfer' more by luck than anything else.

Once again many thanks

Stay well and safe

macabee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
@macabee: If you're connecting the i-flashdevice HD card reader via USB, swipe from the top of your A20e screen to the bottom and look for a notification that says 'USB for file transfer'. If it's there, tap on it to bring up a list of available USB options and select 'Transfer Files' or 'Transfer Images' if the first option doesn't work. If the above isn't applicable, I recommend reaching out to the manufacturer of the card reader, to enquire about the necessary steps for connecting to, and transferring files to, Android devices.
Highlighted

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your help, however the 'USB for file transfer' did not show, I will get back to the manufacturer

Hey Ho

Barry

Highlighted

Hi Andrew

I found 'USB for file transfer' more by luck than anything else.

Once again many thanks

Stay well and safe

macabee

View solution in original post

Highlighted
@macabee: Glad to hear that your issue is sorted. For the benefit of other Community members, can you confirm where you found the USB For File Transfer option?
Highlighted
I started to scroll down, facebook, BBC breaking news then I found SD card
Highlighted
When I scrolled down past facebook and others and found settings-SD card-tap hear to transfer media files.
perseverance

Thanks again

macabee
Highlighted
@macabee: Ah ok, so the option was in your drop down notification panel, but wasn't immediately visible due to the other notifications in the list?
Highlighted
Thats correct, had to look for it!
Top Liked Authors