Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Image transfer from sd card to phone

(Topic created on: 16-06-2020 04:57 PM)
macabee
Journeyman
Options

I use DSLRs for most of my photography, one of my cameras does not have wifi, so I bought the i-flashdevice HD card reader to transfer images to my Samsung a20e.

Unfortunatley the device has no instructions! I understand that an app is not required? 

Any assistance with this issue would be greatly appreiated

Thanks

macabee

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options
@macabee: If you're connecting the i-flashdevice HD card reader via USB, swipe from the top of your A20e screen to the bottom and look for a notification that says 'USB for file transfer'. If it's there, tap on it to bring up a list of available USB options and select 'Transfer Files' or 'Transfer Images' if the first option doesn't work. If the above isn't applicable, I recommend reaching out to the manufacturer of the card reader, to enquire about the necessary steps for connecting to, and transferring files to, Android devices.
0 Likes
macabee
Journeyman
Options

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your help, however the 'USB for file transfer' did not show, I will get back to the manufacturer

Hey Ho

Barry

0 Likes
Solution
macabee
Journeyman
Options

Hi Andrew

I found 'USB for file transfer' more by luck than anything else.

Once again many thanks

Stay well and safe

macabee

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@macabee: Glad to hear that your issue is sorted. For the benefit of other Community members, can you confirm where you found the USB For File Transfer option?
0 Likes
macabee
Journeyman
Options
I started to scroll down, facebook, BBC breaking news then I found SD card
0 Likes
macabee
Journeyman
Options
When I scrolled down past facebook and others and found settings-SD card-tap hear to transfer media files.
perseverance

Thanks again

macabee
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@macabee: Ah ok, so the option was in your drop down notification panel, but wasn't immediately visible due to the other notifications in the list?
0 Likes
macabee
Journeyman
Options
Thats correct, had to look for it!