Hotshot
Options
Whatever you want to say.. Say it openly if you have a backbone 

Go to solution
13 REPLIES 13
AntS
Options

Hi all,

The link to that topic that Glenntech gave is correct in the explanation. But for confirmation:

There’s a centralised list of keywords that automatically trigger a clone of the relevant post for moderators to review in a separate area that's accessible only to us. The intention of it is to provide an extra layer of review. (We read everything anyway, but it’s good to have something that helps us out in focusing in on some things. Word blindness is definitely a thing.)

NAR = No Action Required. Which is a short communication to the rest of the team that the post has been reviewed and no intervention is required on that instance of the keyword flag at that stage. (Either because there’s been an intervention already, or because it’s a false flag - the system is automatic, so we have to apply a human judgement on each instance. Keywords in topic titles count too, so even if your post doesn't have the keyword, replying to a topic title with one in will trigger a flag.)

None of any of that  should be visible to or trouble any of you. It’s supposed to be just going on silently in the background whilst everyone else gets on with doing what they do.

But there’s been a longstanding bug in the Members app since the Community was integrated into it back in July 2020 that makes it all partially visible to users; and we’ve been feeding back that error ever since. Earlier this year the developers claimed that the issue had been resolved, but no, it hasn’t.

From the Members app on my S10 a few months ago when I decided to test the developers' claim the issue had been fixed:

Screenshot_20220830-154218_Samsung Members.jpg

The developers are still looking into it.

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I still get NAR notifications, surely if a post has been moderated best to just say it has, other forums I have have flags that lead to under review, removed, etc...

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Thanks for the lovely explanation, I respect all that

At the same time, explain "what triggered" your attention, what words etc.. So we can make your life a little easier by avoiding the mistakes

0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Absolutely agree with you 👍👍
0 Likes