Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix OneDrive not syncing after Samsung Cloud transition

(Topic created on: 12-03-2021 12:49 AM)
Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options

Hello.

Recently Samsung had discontinued the Samsung Gallery sync and have replaced it with OneDrive sync.

This has caused many problems for everyone. One issue, in particular, is that the sync has stopped working and people can't figure out how to fix it. The instructions below are what I did to fix the issue.

1. Open Settings > Accounts and Services.
    Screenshot_20210119-174622_Settings.jpg

2. Scroll down to find your OneDrive account, tap it.
    Screenshot_20210119-174708_Settings.jpg

3. Then go into Media Sync and turn it on. 
    Screenshot_20210119-174656_Settings.jpg

This fixed the issue for me and I hope it will for you too!

48 REPLIES 48
JimVBrook
Student
Options

Thank you. It did work for me too.
I recently upgraded from S8 to S9 Plus and struck this issue.
After doing a wifi transfer from the s8 to the s9, I see that Samsung has subsequently recopied the thousands of photos from the SD card to a new folder on Onedrive, so that I now have two copies of everything. Here are the folders:
S8:  ..\Onedrive\Pictures\Camera Roll
S9:  .. \Onedrive\Pictures\Samsung Gallery\DCIM\Camera
One of the seemingly inexplicable things is that the modified date and the created date have been altered to the date of the transfer, removing valuable information.

I am disappointed with Samsung on this issue. There must be literally millions of people who are or who are going to be confused and may lose track of photos as a result of this confusion. 

Anyway, thanks again for your work in sharing this information.

Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options
The entire thing is a mess and it is still not fixed. I'm just taking a guess that they are rate limiting the service due to the sheer amount of people moving to it.
JimVBrook
Student
Options

Update to my previous... After following the above procedure, the auto-sync keeps switching off and needs to be manually restarted. 

cookngeek
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem. looks like everything after February16th is not syncing. I believe there was an update around that time,

Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options
Samsung gallery sync was replaced with Onedrive.
Members_LkUQd5M
First Poster
Options

Hello,
thank you for that Tipp that seems to fix at least some Issues but sadly not all of them. The whole switch from Samsung Gallery / Cloud to Microsoft OneDrive is just one big Mess and it makes me really upset.

I have a S20+, S8+ and J3 that i use regularly and thought this is the Chance to Sync all 3 Devices together (Since they serve different Purposes but in the End i need my Docs and Pictures on all of them somehow) but oh Boy... The Transfer of everything went smooth i give them that (took at Backup as well) but now i have 3 Phones with 3 Different Data Sync Status and One Phone has a Pic from another that's missing on the Original Phone and so on...

I open a Support Ticket on Monday with Microsoft on Monday and hope they can help fix it completly... What a ... mess

Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options
Thank you for sharing. I've checked all my other phones, S8, S10+ and my current S21 Ultra and all have the same problem. It really needs to be fixed. My solution seems to be temporary 😕.
0 Likes
_mietz_
First Poster
Options

I tried everything incl. reinstall OneDrive, delink/link it again, etc.

Finally your solution works! Thank you, man. I got crazy over this one :smiling-face:

Realsweden
Student
Options

This is just stupid... I had my photos backing up to a onedrive account which was different from my Samsung Account.

After the transition, the gallery setting only allows backing up to my samsung account...

Unfortunately, Your solution is not working for me.