Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How do i stop my phone from reading text messages aloud ?

(Topic created on: 11-08-2020 07:55 PM)
JIMMYJONES123
Journeyman
Options

I absolutely HATE the sudden reading of my text messages out loud ... sitting at my desk and "YOU HAVE A TEXT MESSAGE FROM ".  then it goes on to read the private message to my colleagues, mom, boss ...  I cant figure out how to turn it off, pretty sure a hammer will solve it but that will probably void my warranty... right ?

Can anyone help  me out?!

Go to solution
31 REPLIES 31
CrunchFapSuprem
First Poster
Options

I went through this and that and so many different things, What ultimately fixed it. FIXED IT, BY JOVE!

I cleared the messages app data. (app info - storage - clear data)

I had switched to Google Messages as a temporary fix, but I thought I'd give it a shot, and voila!

0 Likes
Rbb3
First Poster
Options

Had the same problem with wife's new phone. When everything was switched over an app that was downloaded came with it. The app was for reading caller ID out loud. Although it was turned off to read text messages out loud on the old phone, it was turned on when switched to new phone. Either delete that app or turn SMS read out loud off. Problem Solved. 

0 Likes
Amy32
First Poster
Options

I finally figured it out on my samsung note 20 ultra it was driving assistant. I had connected the s pen, all I needed to do was disconnect it and I disabled the app and it worked no more reading my texts aloud hope this helps someone as no one has mentioned the driver assist yet on bixby.

0 Likes
JIMMYJONES123
Journeyman
Options

Update.  As it turns out, it's when my phone connects to bluetooth devices... speaker, car, headset etc..  I will respond to each suggestion but suffice to say no solution yet and the hammer is looking far more appealing.  What possible use is when you are listening to music at a party and you texts come blaring through the song for all to hear.... #epicfail

0 Likes
JIMMYJONES123
Journeyman
Options

This did not fix it for me. Thanks for the suggestion though.

0 Likes
JIMMYJONES123
Journeyman
Options

Tried changing text app, read caller I'd is off and there is no read sms out loud setting I can find.  Thanks though.

0 Likes
Bruttium
First Poster
Options

Phone Settings

Google

Settings for Google Apps

Search/Assistant/Voice

Google Assistant

Personal Results

TURN OFF: "On Headphones": Hear personal results on your headphones when your phone is locked.

LG001
First Poster
Options

I had this same problem also with my S21 and Android Auto.  I just checked more settings and Bixby keeps turning itself on. When you are connected to Bluetooth go and check your Bixby routines. See if it has set up a routine on your behalf and disable it or delete permanently. Bixby is sneaky sucker and I couldn't see the issues until I was connected.  I had already checked all of the other settings that everyone else had offered in this thread too, it is so frustrating. I hope this works for you. 

0 Likes
Logan7
First Poster
Options

I fixed mine by force stopping Bixby all together and that fixed it, pretty sure it's a glitch in the system, tech company told me they didn't even know how to fix it

0 Likes
jvelez88
Student
Options

Its horrible, when driving, my wife knows when my girlfriend is texting me... She wants the divorce now...