Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I delete these files permanently and is it safe to do so?

(Topic created on: 09-09-2021 09:15 AM)
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Got these files, but have no idea what they are. I know they are not harmful, but what are these files linked to? Ignore the R.jpeg, as I downloaded that and regarding the sound files; how can I delete them permanently, as I tried deleting them before, but they came back?

10 REPLIES 10
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Delete them the same way in your files. And also delete from your files recycle bin. You'll find recycle bin in the 3 dots. Hope this helps.
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Unfortunately, the audio files are still there, even after deleting from recycle bin then restarting 😶. What to do...
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
That's really weird, are they just audio files of music that you installed on your phone. They shouldn't be coming back once deleted. 🤔 Are they ring tones from an app that's possibly installed. If there ring tones maybe there in the ring tone file. Maybe have a look and delete them from there. If not I have no idea.
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Done. I did it via Sound settings, notification sounds, then deleted them there one by one. Now, they are gone for good! 😎
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Just when I had my hopes up... they came back 😶. I'm defeated. All hope is lost ☹.
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hopefully someone on here will know how to wipe them for good. 🤞
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Once you deleted them from your sound settings Did you then delete from your files and recycle bin after. If not try it and see if that clears them for good.
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Yeah, I tried that, but it still didn't work ☹.
0 Likes
Cat2k1
Pioneer
Options
@LiquidSnake Those are WhatsApp Chat history files: https://www.file-extensions.org/crypt-file-extension 🤣 🤣
0 Likes