Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please pairing phone and tablet.

(Topic created on: 31-03-2023 03:57 PM)
Blind_Marv
Pathfinder
Options
I have a Galaxy A72 4g and a Galaxy Tab S8 Plus. Wifi. Before updating them both I had them linked so I could phone and text from the tablet which was connecting via the phone. However Since updating them both to OneUI 5.1 I have lost this ability. As I am Sight impaired this was a great help to me. 
Any help would be appreciated. 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
You could try, turning off call & text on other devices on both devices. Restart or reboot both devices, then turn back on the call & text on other devices again.
Blind_Marv
Pathfinder
Options
Watch this space !
0 Likes
Blind_Marv
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks for the advice service but unfortunately it hasn't worked. I think I will have to take them to my knowledgeable friend for a hands on try. Thanks again?
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
What messaging app do you use? If its Google messages you may just need to set it up again. If I remember it's just scanning the QR code on the messaging app on the tablet. Similar to what you can do to use what's app on your tablet now.
Blind_Marv
Pathfinder
Options
Yet again thanks. You are very kind. I'm waiting to be collected, and so I'll try again tomorrow and let you know how it goes
RobertVEN
Apprentice
Options

To pair your phone and tablet, you can follow these general steps:

1. Enable Bluetooth on both your phone and tablet. Go to your device's settings, and under "Bluetooth," turn it on.

2. Put your phone and tablet in pairing mode. For most devices, you can do this by selecting "Pair new device" or "Scan for devices" in the Bluetooth settings menu.

3. Once your phone and tablet are in pairing mode, they should automatically detect each other. Select your tablet from the list of available devices on your phone, and tap "Pair."

4. If prompted, confirm the pairing code on both devices to complete the pairing process.

5. Once the pairing is complete, you should be able to share files, photos, and other data between your phone and tablet using Bluetooth.

Note that the specific steps for pairing your phone and tablet may vary depending on the devices you are using. If you are having trouble pairing your devices, consult the user manual for your specific phone and tablet models for more detailed instructions.

Blind_Marv
Pathfinder
Options
Many thanks for the reply. I'm not around until Wednesday. I'll try then and let you know
0 Likes