Did you mean: 

Google Play System Update.

(Topic created on: 06-12-2023 03:35 AM)
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Bit of a weird one.

Settings>Security and Privacy>Updates>Google Play System Update

When checking for updates on Tab S8 Ultra it just sits there endlessly checking until I get fed up and back out of it.

I also own S23 Ultra and Tab S9 Ultra and both check as normal in under 10 seconds either finding an update or advising your device is up to date.

I've cleared cache partition on the Tab S8 but hasn't helped. Anyone with the Tab S8 kindly take a look and see if theirs is the same. Otherwise any ideas? Should point out that this has only started happening recently.

Cheers Rob
12 REPLIES 12
S_5841
Apprentice
Options
Same thing with Samsung A21s, what I did was clear cache and data Google services and also Google Play, This time uninstall updates Google Play as well . Your phone may different. I hope this helps.
0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't help..
0 Likes
smg1
Helping Hand
Options
My TAB S7 + is doing the same thing. It just sits checking for updates.
In a way I'm glad to find another tablet owner with the same issue.
Did you find a solution? If not maybe we can solve this together?
0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Still not found a solution yet. Out of curiosity has your tablet received the UI 6 update yet? My Tab S8 hasn't but the Tab S9 and S23 have. Wonder if it's something to do with that?
0 Likes
Keduncan3
First Poster
Options

I just transitioned back from iPhone to Samsung S23 Ultra yesterday. I'm getting the same suggestion you are. I've "updated" via the suggestion and restarted my phone multiple times. Google play says it is up to date though via the play store app. 

smg1
Helping Hand
Options
My TAB S7 + has not and probably will not receive any more updates, but this will not be the reason for Google Play Services to not update correctly and stay in a loop of trying to update.

I think my only option is, if my attempts to fix this, by clearing the app Cach etc will be to Reset the Tablet to factory settings.
0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes i agree, i was trying to avoid that myself.
smg1
Helping Hand
Options
I'll do some work and I'll let you know what happens. I'll get back to you soon
smg1
Helping Hand
Options
EVERYONE EXPERIENCING THIS ISSUE YOU MUST WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW:

https://youtu.be/s2NP-A6bpNY?si=wMbKBgL0VLFJ2fkZ