Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gmail issues

(Topic created on: 10-08-2022 12:59 PM)
Mo78
Pioneer
Options
Has anyone experiencing issues with their Gmail app as mine is frequently crashing on my S22 Ultra?

11 REPLIES 11
Midge123
Voyager
Options
Hi I have the s20 ultra and not had any problems with Gmail
Ad-Man
Apprentice
Options
No problems here
0 Likes
AshP_
Options

Hi @Mo78, I recommend clearing the cache of the Gmail app by heading to Settings > Apps > Gmail > Storage > Clear cache. I also recommend ensuring you're running the latest version of the app, you can check for updates by heading to the Play Store > Tap your initial to the right of the Search bar > Manage apps and device > Updates.

KrazyPipes
Journeyman
Options

I just got my S22 Ultra and cannot get the gmail app to work, it crashes after about 3 seconds. I can't find a way to get support from Google and the Samsung Members app on the phone crashes when I try to start a thread. Maybe Samsung was the wrong brand to buy a phone from, the 21 Ultra had camera issues they wouldn't take care of and now I can't get email on my mobile device.

PaulM1
Options

Oh, that's strange. Please can you let me know whether you have cleared the cache of the Gmail app on your S22 Ultra, @KrazyPipes?

The tips in the article below are likely to prove helpful:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

Please let me know how you get on.

0 Likes
KrazyPipes
Journeyman
Options

Yes all cache and data was cleared to make sure in the transfer something didn't get messed up. I even loaded the Samsung mail app and tried to setup my gmail account and it crashes as well. I am the Microsoft Intune Administrator at my work and cannot get the gmail app to work with my work email either. This has been 2 days of my Samsung not working properly, thinking of dealing with the bad camera and sending this POS back to Samsung...

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

That is very odd, @KrazyPipes, and I appreciate that you're eager to get this resolved. As this issue is occurring on separate email apps, it might be worth looking at other possibilities.

As a process of elimination, have/had you been receiving your personal and work emails recently (and without issue) on your previous phone?

0 Likes
KrazyPipes
Journeyman
Options

I had no issues with my apps on the S21 and I was runbning the Android 13 beta on it, the S22 came in on Monday and updated to Android 13 after one other update (not Beta). We have been testing the Outlook app for the work profile and I thought that was the problem originally but know have to suspect it is Sansungs UI 5 on the S22 that is causing the issues.

0 Likes
KrazyPipes
Journeyman
Options

I just removed the work profile and my personal gmail app is working, might be something with the Intune company Portal app and setup.

0 Likes