Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Full screen alerts from "Find my mobile" and "Let Tag Find Your Device" occur, but make no sound or vibration (no ringing)

(Topic created on: 01-09-2022 06:07 PM)
Devoid
Student
Options

I have a new Galaxy S22 phone (which I have transferred data and settings to from an Galaxy A40).

I have paired my S22 phone with two SmartTag+s, and turned on the "Let tag find your device feature", selecting "This phone" to ring when the tag's button is pressed twice. It says that the phone should ring for 1 minute at maximum volume even if the Sound mode is set to vibrate or mute.

However, while the full screen notification correctly triggers on my phone when I do this, there is no ringing at all: the sound is not working and no vibration occurs whatsoever.

The exact same error occurs when using "Find my mobile", which also says "Your phone will ring for 1 minute at maximum volume even if it's set to vibrate or mute". The full screen notification occurs, but with no ringing.

Do Not Disturb was off the entire time and should not affect this in the first place. I have tried restarting the phone with no effect. Plus, the phone sound seems to work fine with all other apps.

Anyone know how to allow sound and vibration for this kind of notification from Find my mobile and SmartThings?

Further information:

• Galaxy S22 (SM-S901B)
  • Android version: 12
  • One UI version: 4.1
  • Current build number: S901BXXU2AVH9
  • SmartThings version: 1.7.89.25
  • Find My Mobile version: 7.2.25.14

The notifications look like this, and prevent swapping to another application until they are dismissed:

photo_2022-09-01_17-21-04 (2).jpgphoto_2022-09-01_17-21-04.jpg

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Solution
Devoid
Student
Options
Found the solution! The Ringtone for my phone (Settings > Sounds and vibration > Ringtone) was set to a file with file type that is no longer supported on the S22 (it was a .wma file imported from the A40).

Changing this file to one that is supported, results in hearing ringing when the phone is pinged rather than nothing.
0 Likes