Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM radio with RDS

(Topic created on: 28-11-2019 06:53 PM)
Fran19
Apprentice
Options

Is there a way to get a decent app to listen (offline) radio and get RDS data (station name, songs played,...)?

The Samsung radio app in my galaxy S9 is able to tune to radio stations but does not display any RDS data. I have seen much cheaper and much older phones that are able to get radio station names and other data. With proper apps, it should be possible even to pass traffic information for navigation without needing a data connection. That can be done using the Traffic Message Channel in the same way as many on vehicle navigators do.

13 REPLIES 13
Fran19
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for sharing that. It looks like that can be indeed info from the RDS. Unfortunatelly it does not seem to work in the S9.

NomDePhone
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the reply :smiling-face:

Shame it doesn't help for the S9

0 Likes
GodfreyS
First Poster
Options

Hello. I came across your post as I was trying to find some information on Samsung Galaxy A41 FM radio app which is supposed to be preinstalled. I got mine a month ago but cannot find this app on my phone, even when searched for it as RADIO. Can someone help how to find it or reinstall it please? Thanks a lot.

0 Likes
NomDePhone
Journeyman
Options

Hi – I’m afraid I don’t have a solution, but will post again if I come across anything.

Mine was located in a ‘Samsung’ folder in the apps list, appearing as a white and purple radio icon on a purple background, but I assume you already looked there. I can confirm it does come up in a search for “radio”/”RADIO”, so not being able to find it that way suggests there is indeed no app installed.

If I were you I would try to contact Samsung to ask. (I wonder if there might be regional variation in what they pre-install? I got mine in Ireland)

0 Likes