Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request: Directly sync Samsung health with Heath Matters and Mi Body Devices.

(Topic created on: 23-09-2021 06:41 AM)
GalAlexi
Explorer
Options

There are workarounds, such as MyFitness Pal and Health Sync app, these require interim services however.

Please intigrate Mi Body with Samsung health app. I have the Body+ scales.

45 REPLIES 45
Khaled Hussien
Student
Options

I also purchased it because it was and still is listed in the app...

Khaled Hussien
Student
Options

I just bought MI body smart scale 2 as its listed on Samsung health application! 
Please forward this to Samsung software designers ASAP, waiting yours grand efforts as usual 

0 Likes
steinerobert
Apprentice
Options

It has been almost a year and a half since then. Any updates from the team on this? Ok, it might not be in the sprint but can we know if it's in the backlog and/or roadmap?

It's very frustrating, I bought one for my parents too and their iPhones sync directly with Apple Health, all the information, not just the limited scope of several metrics I can sync through Health Sync (I paid for) with Google Health and then with Samsung Health. Apple is supposed to have the walled garden, not Samsung.

I bought a Watch 4 in the meantime and it would also be helpful to calibrate it's data with MI Body Composition Scale 2 data.

Please help.

Members_yNfcWaw
First Poster
Options

Hi Samsung

@AndrewL : do you have any news about this request please ?

Such as a lot of people, i bought "MI Body Composition Scale 2" as Samsung Health mention Mi Scale in compatible devices. I would like to see the measurements of my scale in Samsung health 

Could you please accelerate with this request ? 

Kind regards. 

Sylvain 

AndrewL
Options

@Members_yNfcWaw: I must refer you to my initial response to this query, as sadly there is no further news surrounding the addition of this feature. 

Our R&D Team have got back to me, and currently they do not have plans to provide the sync option on Samsung Health to use it with third-party companies. However, when the Samsung Health team is ready, they might consider partnership with additional companies to be able to support this suggestion.

0 Likes
Ihannah
First Poster
Options

Hi @AndrewL ,

It's very sad that such topic is taking almost two years to be resolved. Could you please explain that part of "provide the sync option on Samsung Health to use it with third-party companies"? I searched on other topics and it looks like that you already have the option to sync with XiaoMi scales (the Mi Smart Scale), but it turns out that Mi Body Composition Scale 2 (and possibly other scales) are also very popular and not able to sync.
That said, it looks like it's not related to third-party companies, but to the products themselves.

The body composition scales have so many other features, I would rather have just Samsung health on my phone, instead of 4 apps to sync only weight to Samsung health...

Thank you!

John Jane Doe
First Poster
Options

It seems that there is a misunderstanding here. Samsung lists the "MI Smart Scale" in the compatibility list - not the "MI Smart Body Composition Scale" and also not the latest versions. Xiaomi offers different models and versions of its scales!

Every willing buyer should pay attention to that - many of those who complain here (partly in an inappropriate way) simply did not purchase the model that is supported by Samsung.

A completely different problem - and I find it shameful - is that Samsung does not provide adequate product maintenance here and the vast majority of compatible products are either not even available in Europe - especially Germany - or are partly no longer available on the market due to their age, or are sold at unreasonably high prices. This product policy deserves criticism, and Samsung should improve it very soon.

Solutions that require sharing sensitive health data with almost half a dozen service providers to get them into the Samsung Health app are massively customer-unfriendly, questionable in terms of data privacy, and a mess in terms of privacy protection.

And to put it very clearly: This is not a purchase motivator for Samsung products, but rather the exact opposite.

Marcos Tenório
First Poster
Options

Why this? Samsung knows how to attract costumers but don't know how to maintain them.

0 Likes
Dom343413
First Poster
Options

Are there any recent updates about the compatibility of Mi Body Composition Scale 2 with Samsung Health? 

Or is there any other similar device that will work with Samsung Health for sure?

Best, Dom
0 Likes
MKRtheSVG
Journeyman
Options

Hello there,

3 years later still no support for this scale, i dont understand what is the big deal about it - Samsung doesnt even selling any type of scales. I would understand if you were trying to sell us Samsung smart body composition s ultra scale, but... 

The dev team probably need to change 2 lines of code somewhere to allow this sync, please do it or offer us Samsung scale, i'll buy it as soon as it is selling in Bulgaria.