Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dex and WhatsApp Issue

(Topic created on: 03-05-2023 07:03 AM)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Since UI 5.1 the message entry box is always part obscured, i have tried differing display settings, but to no avail, anyone also expereincing such an issue.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
7 REPLIES 7
Neo001
Legend
Options

This issue was also reported here (NL community) and seems to impact Zold devices. There is also a link to the XDA forum in the post. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-z-fold-galaxy-z-flip/dex-tekstveld-half-in-beeld/td-p/738...

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Thanks @Neo001 i found clearing the cache, data, uninstall and reinstall worked, but I think the cause is selecting the split screen option, if I toggle that on and off it creates the issue.

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
chabus
First Poster
Options

Hi! Have you done anything else? Or was the issue reoccurring? Mines not working still after the troubleshooting. 

0 Likes
kgalarr0
Student
Options

I had that same problem. 

Solution: When in whatsapp in dex mode, go to the whatsapp settings, go to chats, disable side by side view.

kgalarr0
Student
Options

Solution: When in whatsapp in dex mode, go to the whatsapp settings, go to chats, disable side by side view.

PAPERI
First Poster
Options

Kgalarr0 this is the "solution" however it is sort of anoying no being able to watch chats on side by side... Dex is really no what I expected for the price of Samsung tablets. Chrome OS is thousand times better I think Samsung should consider allows to users using Chrome OS. I think probably is better using whatsapp web on samsung tablets I will try to make a PWA and see if this is better... it is likely to be. On my chromebook the web version is far better specially when I have to copy paste images from clipboard the android version is a PIA.

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Just using WebEx in Dex (side by side chat mode), it is working fine now, so i assume an issue with WhatsApp

0 Likes