Data transfer

(Topic created on: 13-02-2021 10:06 PM)
Grease Monkey
Apprentice
Options

Can anyone point me in the rite direction

I need to transfer ALL data from a CAT S61 phone to an Galaxy S7 edge

Smart switch will not load on to the CAT phone 

I have tryed google back up but it will NOT allow google back up on the samsung phone 

It is imperative that all data is transfered including TEXT messages contacts etc 

Is anyone able to help me out I'm just hanging my head against a brick wall

Thanks Lee

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'd probably take a look at apps on the Play Store.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
If you haven't already tried Bluetooth to transfer mate, the easiest way is to to a full backup & sync on your old device first. Then add each of the accounts to the new device, but the primary account must be installed first and synced with all your required information, like contacts, messages and call logs before you add the rest.
0 Likes
Grease Monkey
Apprentice
Options

I've done full back up on the cat phone to my Google account but I can not find any options to allow me to load the backup to the samsung as samsung use there own backup service that does not appear to allow the restore from a google backup 

DNS9
Navigator
Options
Make sure what Android version you're on. You can find it in Settings, under software update
0 Likes
DNS9
Navigator
Options
You can also transfer via a USB cable
0 Likes
Grease Monkey
Apprentice
Options

I don't have a cable I've been in to 3 computer and phone shops, no one has ever hurd of a cable to link 2 phone together to to do data transfer 

There saying the issue is with the Samsung phones they don't allow you to to restore from a google backup and they have no solution or work arroud 

I have tryed a couple of apps but they are not transferring all the data over and the bits it's not transferring I'd the bits that are imperative I get transferred 

Does anyone have any instructions on how to do this as literally everything I try the samsung phone seams to be blocking me 

0 Likes
Grease Monkey
Apprentice
Options

Can't see how that should make any difference to transferring data from 1 device to another

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
yep that's normal. you need Google drive installed. on the account you are using. go to backup settings and it should be able to restore from there. but it only works if you allow drive all permissions
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey @Grease Monkey ,

We've got a useful link about backing up and restoring data. If you click on the following link, you'll be able to access the information: 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/backing-up-and-restoring-data-on-my-galaxy/

0 Likes