Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combatting poor network reception

(Topic created on: 06-08-2021 12:05 PM)
FB2
Apprentice
Options

Where network reception is poor or indifferent, can reception be improved by putting my Samsung Galaxy phone on charge?

8 REPLIES 8
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

No, a poor signal is a poor signal.

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
My friend travels a lot in different parts of the North West for his job... he was initially on EE and found the signal not reliable in most of the areas he was going to.

He took out a new contract on O2 and found it overall better signal for the locations he was at. Now he's at more different locations and is finding his O2 not the best at these areas but his EE is better lol.

His EE is within the last 30 days. He was going to cancel out his EE but decides to drop it down to the lowest sim only plan as the O2 is a full phone contract.

He really does rely on his phone a lot for his work, some people don't have to go to them lengths but he's found it handy to have.

If you have a dual sim phone it's handy having 2 different networks... its good separating work from personal too.
FB2
Apprentice
Options

OK, thanks to Mitzzz and Pugs1957 for responses. Disappointing that adding power to the phone can't increase its sensitivity to a poor signal, as I hoped might be possible.

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
If your phone model and network support WIFI CALLING then that maybe useful for you. If you don't know about WiFi calling I recommend you to look into it.

This is only going to work if you're having poor reception in places that you have access to WiFi.
FB2
Apprentice
Options

Thanks again Mitzzz. I have my wifi switched on in an area where theoretically I have wifi coverage, but I suspect the wifi signal also fluctuates.

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
That's good that you have WiFi access... connected to the WiFi and having WIFI Calling switched on are 2 different things.

Can you tell me what your phone model is and what network you're on?
FB2
Apprentice
Options

Ah! Thanks Mitzzz. My phone is a Galaxy J4+, the network Vodafone (via Virgin Media) 

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/wifi-and-4g-calling

Check that link out when you have the time. Might be useful for you.