Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANT BLOCK SMS WITHOUT NUMBERS!

(Topic created on: 04-08-2020 08:12 AM)
COMPUTER
Apprentice
Options

come on samsung! Please implement block sms phrases on your flag ship s9, s10 and s20 phones!

Even apple ios get to block sms messages without numbers! 

We are constantly being spam by senders that are not using any numbers!

5knf21.jpg

30 REPLIES 30
prakjos
First Poster
Options

yep, best to switch to google messages. Thanks Je

0 Likes
BChris
First Poster
Options

Maybe this helps.  Same issue here message from no number just a name. I installed 'textra sms'  was the only way to reveal the number behind.  And i added that to blocking list 

0 Likes
callisto92
Student
Options

Have started experiencing this recently.  This is ridiculous. I have been with Samsung for nearly 10 years, but have just pre-ordered a new iPhone. It is unacceptable that this has not been addressed. I am getting spam messages almost every day with no method of properly blocking them. In October, it's Goodbye Samsung.

Operand
First Poster
Options

After regretting buying my Galaxy S2 back in 2011 for various reasons including the inability to block SMS spammers using alphabetical names (just letters) instead of numbers, I just cancelled my S22 order finding out nothing changed since 11 years ago to block hideous SMS spammers. 

Anyone who can advise another Android alternative with the capability to (genuinely) block any spammers - specifically those without phone numbers?

Otherwise, back to iPhone which will at least protect my privacy.

Frank Mc
First Poster
Options

Hi BChris, as per your suggestion I installed 'textra sms' but I was unable to get the app to reveal the number of a sender who won't take no for an answer.  Unsurprisingly, the textra support didn't have anything helpful to say either.  Can I please ask how you made it work?  Thanks.

0 Likes
BChris
First Poster
Options

Hy Frank , about my previous post i.m not sure anymore about textra  but have a look at this https://www.whistleout.com.au/MobilePhones/Guides/how-to-stop-spam-text-messages.  And the next link seems to be the method they use to send these texts https://smsanon.com/faq?gclid=Cj0KCQiAn4SeBhCwARIsANeF9DJDI2CiJI30XOPbL20w5575KDgOhUt4pKezzbnewnUch7...  

I'm trying to get in touch with someone from 'smsanon' to see if there is any way of blocking with their help.

Bottom line i.m still looking for a solution myself.  If i find one i.ll post it. Cheers 

0 Likes
WeeLou
Journeyman
Options
Well it's now 2023 and the still haven't fixed this issue. I'm fed up of getting scam sms messages with no number attached to it. It was bad enough with all the pandemic spam texts but now it's just random *****. Samsung this is poor on your part. I shouldn't have to uses 3rd party software to fix something nearby every other phone can do. What the point of having a phone brand when you have to install other apps in order to make your phone work properly!
PhilZZR
Student
Options

Changed to Google, and works a treat. 

0 Likes
Max865
First Poster
Options

It's 2023 and the issue still persists! This is extremely annoying and it simply irresponsible as many people get scammed with these messages ....

0 Likes
tiredofgreedy
First Poster
Options
Obviously they're earning from these spam sites, nice back handers for samsung.
Been with samsung for years but feel it's time to switch and would advise boycotting as samsungs greed is more important than it's customers.
0 Likes