Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use Samsung free even though birthdate is correct

(Topic created on: 13-11-2021 10:01 PM)
DPratser
First Poster
Options

My Samsung Free is suddenly not working. It says I can't use Samsung Free unless I update my account to include my birthdate. However, my birthdate is already in there and it's correct. I'm WELL over 13. I've already cleared my cache with no help.

24 REPLIES 24
Bottleofsmoke
Student
Options

This worked for me. Thanks, Members_XiHlOu1

0 Likes
saintkilda
Journeyman
Options

Same here. This is a widespread Samsung's issue which they don't seem to be really worried about. The only known way to sort this unpleasant issue out is forcing to stop the app (settings --> apps --> Samsung free --> force stop). Then just start the app as usual and ... let there be light! But, the glitch will probably be reproduced from time to time. Regards.

0 Likes
kadayao
First Poster
Options

This one works! Thank you 😅

0 Likes
StevO2069
First Poster
Options

This works. Thank you.

0 Likes
SpaceWizard
First Poster
Options
Thank you . This suggestion worked first time.
0 Likes
BCN2000
First Poster
Options
Same here It is annoying as happens every couple of days. It is about time the issue gets fixed
0 Likes
Teknician
First Poster
Options

I can't even add the year, to my profile. My birthday only let's me set the month and day. Why? 

0 Likes
Steve1466
First Poster
Options
This worked for me. Many thanks 👍👍
0 Likes
raysweeney
First Poster
Options

Bit of a temporary reprieve for the tablet but the phone still is looking for the age

0 Likes
JScottC
First Poster
Options

I found a way to change the birth date in the FREE app settings. Initially the Birth Date setting appears greyed out. However, when you first choose to go to the app settings there is a split (VERY SPLIT) second when it's not greyed out. After several attempts I was able to catch it before it greyed out using two fingers. I actually got to the screen where I was able to enter my correct birth date. 

0 Likes