Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I backup my s20 to Return it before I have my s21

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 10:38 AM)
Members_E7I472N
First Poster
Options

I have upgraded my S20 to the S21+ under the Samsung Upgrade Program and received the S21+ yesterday, however I have ordered the wrong colour and have arranged an exchange. I am due to return the S20 in next few days however my repleacement S21+ wont be here until around 8th Feb, my question is can I backup my S20 then send it back- do without a phone until my new S21 arrives and then restore my backup to the S21+. Hope that makes sense

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
yes you can do that, I would back up with Google and samsung cloud then when you get your phone you can just download the back up, it's a pain compared to doing it with the phone present but it does work
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
Once u have the S21 u can backup before u send the S20. I am sure samsung will allow this if u mention to them ur situation.
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
could do with advice, I played an order for s21 yesterday would u know when I can view my order as it doesn't show when I put my order number.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
hey, did you put a postcode or email address in underneath? I would have thought you should be able to see it. When did they say you should receive the phone?
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
I did put my email with post code and order number. I will get it next month on the 4th, maybe that's y I can't view it
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_E7I472N: I'd recommend backing up to your Google and Samsung accounts, which you can then register to your new Galaxy S21 to restore your data. To do this, head to Settings > Accounts and Backup > Backup and Restore > Samsung Account > Backup Data > Select All > Backup. Go back and do the same for your Google account, and you should be good to go. 

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
yea I checked the order for my buds pro the night before and it said preparing for dispatch, prior to that it said nothing so I think that's the reason. I think the system is dodgy too though. just had an email 10 mins ago saying my order has been shipped but my order is currently in my ears 🤣
0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
lucky u. Hope I get it before the 5th February. My ear bud says its coming 4th February