Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera roll in the bottom of screen when viewing photo - how to remove?

(Topic created on: 11-12-2021 08:51 AM)
loopon
First Poster
Options

Hi. After the latest update i now have a camera roll showing at the bottom of my screen when viewing photos in the Gallery app. How do i remove that? Two reasons it annoys me: Firstly, when viewing screen shots, the roll covers the bottom of the image. Meaning i cannot see the full image. Second, when showing other people a photo on my phone they can also then see the five photos before and the five photos after.

19 REPLIES 19
Laurac84
Pathfinder
Options
when you are on the picture that you want to view you just tap an the screen and it disappears showing the full image 😊
0 Likes
Touch1
First Poster
Options

No man!!! I hear your point. But still it is irritating!!! More especially on videos, I have to select menu button(those 3 dots on the bottom right corner) to select "open with video player", that is annoying part of it.

I prefer the videos to be in Video player already where I just click play not to open menu buttons and select "open with video player". Any help please???

Paladinking
Journeyman
Options
Follow this and it will help you go straight into video mode versus camera mode.

This requires access to Galaxy Labs in Gallery, if you have this activated already skip to number 5. 

1. Go into your gallery settings 

2. Scroll all the way to the bottom and go into About Gallery 

3. Press on the words Version until it says "Labs unlocked" or some notifications to show you you've unlocked the developer mode 

4. Go back to the settings and scroll to the bottom you will see Gallery Labs

5. Go into Gallery Labs and see the settings Filmstrip viewer.

6. Turn it off. This will disable the filmstrip as well has have the videos play directly in video mode.
Paladinking
Journeyman
Options
Follow this and it will help you go straight into video mode versus camera mode.

This requires access to Galaxy Labs in Gallery, if you have this activated already skip to number 5. 

1. Go into your gallery settings 

2. Scroll all the way to the bottom and go into About Gallery 

3. Press on the words Version until it says "Labs unlocked" or some notifications to show you you've unlocked the developer mode 

4. Go back to the settings and scroll to the bottom you will see Gallery Labs

5. Go into Gallery Labs and see the settings Filmstrip viewer.

6. Turn it off. This will disable the filmstrip as well has have the videos play directly in video mode.
Das54
Apprentice
Options

When I send a photo to someone from the gallery the camera roll is on the bottom of the sent photo. Tried to send the photo after tapping it will not let you send it.

0 Likes
Das54
Apprentice
Options

It is very irritating because i dont want others to see my camera roll each time i share a photo. Sent a photo to someone and they posted on facebook with my camera roll at the bottom of my photo. Its how i found out the camera roll existed. If this cannot be fixed I will get rid of my samsung that I have  loved for years and purchase a iphone.

Paladinking
Journeyman
Options

Do the cmtrick up top and it will remove the filmstrip I forgot to add that as well

0 Likes
dlucio75
Apprentice
Options

Galley

Settings

Gallery Labs

Viewer and details  renewal (DISABLE  that )

100% works on my end 

Hope that helps

Das54
Apprentice
Options

Thanks so much finally worked!!

0 Likes