The camera is not working since long time. When i use other apps such as Instagram, Viber, Facebook etc. the camera is working taking pictures making video calls, but when I open the app from the phone Camera it gives me error and can't start, it's taking me off from the app. I did software upgrade, but still doesn't work.
Hi @KG96 Firstly check you have the camera permissions enabled, Go to Settings-Privacy and ensure Camera Access is switched on. In the camera app itself the Permissions for Camera, Files and Media for instance should be showing. In any case advisable to clear the cache and Data for the Camera app. Go to Settings-Apps-Camera-Storage. Delete cache and Data. However if still problem I would suggest you wipe the cache partition by following steps (Temporary files are deleted but Data is not affected)
1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key (plus Bixby Key if phone has one)
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
If still an issue can you go to the Members App-Support and check the Diagnostic's of the camera, if necessary send an error Report.
I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.
My Device- S21 Ultra 5G ( SM-998B/DS ) CSC= BTU , 12GB/256GB
One Ui 4.0,Android 12 Official Version.