Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calender transfer

(Topic created on: 22-03-2023 04:12 PM)
Ange68
First Poster
Options
Can anyone help with transferring calendar from old phone to new. Both phones samsung.  Thanks
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Alfsdad
Voyager
Options
If you have backed your phone up it will automatically download. Otherwise, Samsung have an App I believe is called Samsung Smart Switch will transfer from old to new.
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Use Smart Switch app. Will transfer your calendar and settings. Can also be used for other data too.
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Make sure Sync Calendar is turned on in both your Google and Samsung Accounts on both phones.
Go to phone settings>Accounts &
backup>Manage Accounts>Then tap on first your Google account, then tap on Sync account. Then make sure Calendar is toggled on.
Then press the back button twice and tap on your Samsung account. Tap on Sync account and make sure that toggle is switched on.

Do that on both phones and make sure you're signed into the same accounts on both phones. Allow a little time for synchronisation to take place then both calendars should match.
0 Likes
Catoutdoors
Journeyman
Options
It only transfers one year
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
If you've only had a year transfer then something is wrong. I used Smart Switch to transfer my data from S20 to S22 and Calendar entries going back to 2017 copied and are present- including those made in Google, Samsung Calendar and previously connected IMAP accounts.
0 Likes
Catoutdoors
Journeyman
Options
Thank you bigtasty65 but both accounts are on sync. It's all transferred for one year but not any previos years have been copied
Speedbuggy
Pioneer
Options
I have the exact same issue. I did my transfer and lost everything prior to Jan 2022, what's wrong?
0 Likes
Posse96
First Poster
Options

I am going from S22 Ultra to S24 Ultra. I backed up my calendar to the Samsung Cloud first.  I then transferred my S22.  Some things to clarify.  On the old phone, a window pops open and says "Your Google Account only syncs up to one year of past events.  To see older events go to the Google Calendar website."  Meanwhile, SmartSwitch list what does not get transferred and Calendar is listed.  It says to back up and sync and then from cloud it will download.  I have all of 2023 & 2024 calendar entries by all years prior have now been wiped from the old phone.  Had the same issue when transferring to the Ultra S22 and Samsung support agreed.

0 Likes