Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby Routines won't control smartthings devices when locked.

(Topic created on: 23-11-2020 10:21 AM)
Sonaz
Student
Options
Hello,
I have a routine set up with one of my smartthings devices where if my battery percentage is below 30% it turns on my phone charger. This runs great when the phone is unlocked however I can't get it to work when the phone is locked and it doesn't affect the bixby routines trust agents toggle it just stays off.
Is there a fix?
4 REPLIES 4
Ptraik
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem, but with lights. When I get home or leave home, I would like to magane my lights to on or off, but it's not working.

lostfoundtm
Student
Options

I have the same problem. Bixby Routines cannot run my SmartThings scene and displays the following warning: "This routine couldn't control devices because SmartThings wasn't set up when the routine ran".

0 Likes
lostfoundtm
Student
Options

Hi Sonaz, have you found a solution or any workaround for this issue?

0 Likes
Sonaz
Student
Options
Hi lostfoundtm, I haven't found an exact workaround for this issue specifically. However, it seems as though one thing is working for me. What I have done is make sure none of samsung's power saving/management methods (such as put apps to sleep and adaptive battery etc.) directly affect ST and Bixby Routines. Also, turn off battery optimisation withing the apps tab in settings for Bixby Routines, System UI, Both of the Smartthings apps, and Smartthings Framework. Once you have done these things restart your phone and open Bixby routines and Smartthings for a few minutes then close them. This has helped my situation and I haven't gotten that warning for months however, when I was still getting it every now and then I would just open BR and ST for a few minutes (like 10) and close them again and it usually worked again for a while.

This solution did work in my situation. However, it may obviously not work for everyones.

Hope this helps.
0 Likes