Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays visa debit card and curve

(Topic created on: 20-12-2023 01:15 PM)
coco2015
First Poster
Options
I've been trying to connect my Barclays visa debit card to Samsung pay, pay+ and curve and it just will not connect. I had to disable my old pay account as I couldn't remember my pin & start again and now I can't get my card connected (even tried connecting my PayPal but visa isn't even coming up as a card type option)
Is there no way to connect a barclays visa card at all?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you had it connected before?

Shoul not be an issue either way but set it up with Curve first as Barclays (Apple Fanbois) does not support Android on Apple, then you can load it.

Or alternatively as your using Barclays Debit Card, Google Wallet provides native support so no Curve Fintech type workarounds.
REGARDS, OBSYDIAN - Car & Tech Evangelist / 2 decades of Samsung Ownership
DAILY: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Buds Pro2, 20,000 Power bank, Smart Tags
OFFICE: Book2 Pro i7 [Laptop], M70A 32” [Monitor], Samsung Level [Speaker]
GAMING: M70A 43” [Monitor], Book2 Pro i5, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptops]
FAMILY: ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S7 Plus, Buds Pro2
SPARE: Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], ZFlip3
AV: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears],
KITCHEN: MC32K7055 [Microwave], S65DG54M3B1 [Fridge] Jet 75 (Vacuum)
NON-SAMSUNG: iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2, Phone 12
0 Likes
coco2015
First Poster
Options
I'm sure I did as I had 2 payment cards in there before I reset the app. I'll try going straight through curve instead of Samsung pay then to see if that works. Thank you 😊
0 Likes
Lex1970
Navigator
Options
I gave up trying to connect my Barclay Debit card to Samsung Pay it doesn't work and I don't like the idea of having to log your details to another 3rd party curve to enable it when you Google it, it states that Barclays withdrew from allowing Samsung Pay to access their banking system my biggest unrelated gripe at the moment is why only over the past couple of days my Samsung Galaxy Ultra S23 constantly disconnects from only my home wifi but is fine with WiFi elsewhere
0 Likes
gnc
Explorer
Options
Hi Ave u got nfc on
0 Likes
Lex1970
Navigator
Options
Yes tried both NFC on and off makes no difference it allows you to enter details on Curve but doesn't store the details so everything you try to use the contactless payment no card is stored
0 Likes
coco2015
First Poster
Options
Thank you for your help, everyone! I still couldn't get it to work for me, so I have downloaded Google Wallet and will use this instead 😊
0 Likes