Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android TV screen share with DEX

(Topic created on: 03-11-2022 08:16 PM)
mtkaraaslan
Student
Options

Dear All, I write bellow comment to Google help desk and unfortunately I don't take any solution yet. I want to share with you my problem.

I try to tell my trouble. I have Samsung S20 FE and Android (11) TV. When I try to connect my phone to my TV with Samsung Dex or Smart View app, the app did not find my TV. I connect same wifi also i open my phone wifi hotspot and connect TV to hotspot, still didn't find.

I thinks reason is Samsung Dex and Smart View apps work with miracast protocol. Google stop using miracast and recommend chromecast. 

I can share youtube or prime video content to my tv from my phone using chromecast. And I can share my screen any different WebOS, Tizen OS or old Linux based TV os using Samsung App. But I can not share screen to my Android TV.

Some Android TV's have this features like Sony Bravia. I see on a Youtube video someone share his screen to TV using Samsung Dex. Is it possible sharing screen to TV with miracast protocol in near future?

Thanks again and nice day.

mtkaraaslan

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
We need more info, What TV do you have?

I have phoen shared with my Samsung TV and have no issues, maybe you TV isn't compatible
0 Likes
mtkaraaslan
Student
Options

Hi, I already give all info. I allready say this feature works on Samsung Tizen OS TV. And I already say most of Android TV don't support sharing screen with Samsung DEX .

Sony's Android TVs were supported miracast but I tried last week on Sony Google TV and only Smart Share works. Samsung DEX do not work anymore.

0 Likes