Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 february 2022 security patch Samsung A52s 5G failing

(Topic created on: 02-03-2022 09:22 PM)
Lilyofthevalley611
Apprentice
Options

Has anyone else had trouble updating to the security patch dated February 2022 for Android 12 on their Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G?

I still get the error message "failed to install firmware- contact samsung service centre"

According to the troubleshooting that customer service sent me, my device shouldn't even have android 12 yet! I've tried cache clearing, plenty of internal memory, waiting a few days since the update reeased. Am I really going to have to factory reset or use smart switch to see if a patch will install? What a joke!

13 REPLIES 13
Mickeybrad
Explorer
Options
I have an A52s 5G and the February update installed on my phone without any problems. I guess I may have been lucky. I am based in the UK
0 Likes
Darren22
Voyager
Options
I have A52s 5G and mine is all ok android 12 and on February security patch downloaded no problems.
0 Likes
BrianHD88
Pathfinder
Options
Same mine downloaded fine with EE got A52s 5G
0 Likes
Members_a8WRKyF
First Poster
Options

I'm still having the issue. I cleared the cache but still it gives me the failed error.

Did your issue get resolve ?

0 Likes
Members_a8WRKyF
First Poster
Options

updating security patch through smart switch app on PC worked and it kept all my settings as before.

0 Likes
Lilyofthevalley611
Apprentice
Options
I managed to override the error updating my phone via smart switch PC:)
0 Likes
Lazmataz187
Explorer
Options

Hello all, 

I have the same issue. Doesn't update my A52s with February security patch. During installation stop to 25% and after that failed to do the update. I tried with Smart Switch via pc but still failed. I was waiting 4 hours to finished via pc and failed again. My fiancee's A52s was update fine. Do I have wait for next security patch?

0 Likes
KellyB81
Student
Options

I have the A52s also. Feb security patch failed to install and errored at 25%. March is now out and doing exactly the same? I've done a factory reset and still no luck! 

0 Likes
Lilyofthevalley611
Apprentice
Options
Mine always errored at 25% also. I updated it via smart switch on the PC and that got round it :smiling-face: