Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another Ecobubble failure mid cycle.

(Topic created on: 28-06-2018 09:06 PM)
Jonhill75
Explorer
Options

Same old fault that most people who have an Ecobubble washer will eventually experience. Save some time by hitting your head against the nearest wall rather than phoning the Philippines help line. My machine used to stop now and again in the synthetic cycle but has deteriorated over 4 weeks, it won’t even spin now. My guess is a capacitor on the PCB has slowly given up. £480 for less than 3 years service and then they treat you like dirt. 

6 REPLIES 6
TracyR
Options

Hey @Jonhill75

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

What model do you have? 

:womanhappy:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

Jonhill75
Explorer
Options

I’ve had to replace the PCB, the engineer said that every board will prematurely fail on these machines.

WF90F5E5U4W EU

Every person who has bought one of these washers will have to spend £280 in repairs, the majority within 3 years.

WorstCo
Apprentice
Options

We have experienced the same issues as everyone else. All roads seem to lead to faulty/failed PCB. We have the WF90F5E5U4W/EU which was bought in September 2014. By November 2016 we had the same mid cycle stopping on all programmes. Just out of warranty supposedly for 2 years but if you registered online, this was extended to 5 years. Apparently this doesn’t wash with Samsung customer services. Effectively they state you are lying and this was never the case. No changing their minds even with the documentation from Currys. 

What was even more laughable  was the fault code the machine was displaying wasn’t even recognised by Samsung. New PCB fitted by engineer at customer cost of £200+. No recompense from Samsung, despite the continued number of customer complaints.

Genuine Samsung part fitted and now circa 4 years later we have the same issue again. Clearly Samsung their is an issue with how you manufacture these boards. Get the message, you are wrong and not your customers! 

Will fit another one this time as cheaper than a new one, but will certainly look at getting a German machine if this fails again. My last machine lasted 20 years and only needed one belt changing. My mother’s Siemens washing machine 24 years and two belts. Samsung, this is called durability and reliability. Not some money making Ponzi scheme.

I will never buy another Samsung product ever again. Dreadful customer service and poor manufacturing. 

Orual
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here. Machine just over 3 years old, and the second time breaking despite careful usage. Got nowhere with customer support even though my country has a law that covers faulty items for 6 years. Apparently there was an option for a 5 year warranty that I never heard about at purchase. This is still a faulty product whether it is by design or by incompetence is a whole other question but it's appalling that a machine like this breaks so easily, even with careful use. Washing machines used to last decades now they break after a couple of years, it absolutely criminal to make a large utility item that breaks so easily.

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@Orual wrote:

Same issue here. Machine just over 3 years old, and the second time breaking despite careful usage. Got nowhere with customer support even though my country has a law that covers faulty items for 6 years. Apparently there was an option for a 5 year warranty that I never heard about at purchase. This is still a faulty product whether it is by design or by incompetence is a whole other question but it's appalling that a machine like this breaks so easily, even with careful use. Washing machines used to last decades now they break after a couple of years, it absolutely criminal to make a large utility item that breaks so easily.

Hello - more than likely the optional 5 year warranty was only cover for the inverter wash motor on the machine (even then it most probably just covers replacement of motor only and not the labour charge and callout charge to fit it) - and not 5 years warranty for the whole machine. 

Washing Machines used to last decades because they were made with thicker sheets of metal, thicker plastic parts, metal parts have been substituted for plastics now (sometimes flimsy and break easily) and are now mass produced and probably do not go through stringent thorough  quality control conditions like the older ones . ..... but consumers want to buy the washing machines at a cheap price and are not prepared to pay the price what a real good quality appliance could cost - check out the prices of the like of a Miele for example with the same features, with the price of a Samsung washing machine with the same features and it will become apparent - dont be expecting a build quality of a Miele for example (which some people can still have problems with) with the price of a Samsung!

0 Likes
Orual
Apprentice
Options

I would expect a Miele to last over a decade if not 2 decades. A machine with motherboard that breaks twice in just over 3 years is beyond a joke. This is far from the cheapest machine out there. I didn't think it cheap at the time tbh. I picked it for the energy rating but this frequent breaking makes it landfill far too soon and make its far worst for the environment. Ecobubble is false advertising.

0 Likes