Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF70F5E2W4X Ecobubble, drum not moving

(Topic created on: 17-07-2022 11:14 AM)
Andyscott
First Poster
Options

Hi guys,

Really looking for some advice on what has broken inside this machine.

It was spinning last night, and just stopped. Didn't notice any strange noises or anything. 

I've taken the back off the machine and it's littered with rubber. (See attached photos). 

It's not incredibly clear from the picture, but the copper winding on the motor is black in places and not all shiny copper which I believe it should be.

DSC_3126.JPG

DSC_3127.JPG

DSC_3128.JPG

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Get an engineer out to inspect it properly. It's not worth risking user community diagnostics when dealing with a faulty electronic appliance that could burn your house down. Shredded rubber would normally be from a drive belt but even so, was there a burning smell of any smoke when it cut out last night?
Andyscott
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I probably will end up getting someone out, I know this place is a fountain of knowledge and was wondering if anyone could identify the part and advise if it was an easy fix first!

It's not the belt, it's still intact you can see it round the motor in one of the pictures.

I can turn the drum freely from the inside and the belt turns the motor.

No smoke or burning smell. 

It just stopped spinning and the countdown timer just sat on 5 minutes or whatever it was.

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

have you checked the carbon brushes and those black bits of the bottom of the machine may be bits of broken carbon off the motor brushes. if the commutator at the back of the motor where the carbon brushes sit on are not shiny copper that will need all cleaning up and then a set of new brushes fitted. maybe that will get your machine working again

0 Likes
CGriff36
Pathfinder
Options
I'm pretty sure its the drum thats gone. Get an engineer out.👍🏻
0 Likes
Andyscott
First Poster
Options

The first picture showing a bit of rubber on the worktop is the biggest bit that was lying at the bottom of the machine.

It might well be the brushes, but something else has also went "pop"! 😂 

It's now lying in the garden awaiting the council picking it up and sending it to washing machine heaven. I can honestly say it's the last Samsung appliance I'll ever buy. My last Indesit machine lasted at least 10 years. I'll be lucky if this one has given me 5.

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Helping Hand
Options

ah right thats a shame - everything is so mass produced these days and so many cut corners and cutbacks on quality control at the factory , cheaper parts being fitted I really hope your next machine even if you dont choose samsung ever again will last . I can say these days I have heard of many more expensive brands than Samsung with their problems and bad customer support service .. its the way the world is going . if it didnt cost you a mad amount of money 5 years is not to bad for something that is in use extensively nearly every day throughout the years . Thats the way i look at it anyway.

0 Likes