Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD80N64500W heating clothes but not drying them....

(Topic created on: 06-11-2020 08:04 AM)
Domdidi
Apprentice
Options

MY WASHER /DRYER is a year old...it has suddenly stopped drying clothes..it is heating them up. I have cleaned the filter at the bottom bit ...but it has not helped. Will attempt the mesh filter at the back this weekend...hopefully it will help....any body had sth like that happening to them?I wish there was an easier way to clean the machine from the fluff after drying....it seems to be poaching the clothes which means there is too much water somewhere not draining properly....

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Clemaux
Journeyman
Options
You need to clean the heat exchanger (usually at the bottom front of your dryer below the door. This normally entails flushing out with warm water in your sink using a long handled brush. If you have not done this b4 you will be horrified how as to just how much fluff has accumulated and completely clogged your heat exchanger.

Most manuals, believe it or not, state monthly cleaning of the heat exchanger. Done regularly, it is a quuck simple job, unlije tyejob you currently face. It is amazing you got to a whole year without doing so. Once you clean this out you will find your dryer dries your clothes just fine once more.

Remember, User Manuals are not printed for fun. You don't have to read them in their entirety, but always read the "maintenance" sections!!!
0 Likes
Domdidi
Apprentice
Options

If by heat exchanger you mean the pump filter on the bottom right hand side below the door...then it has been done a few times in the past year. I have done that again last night when it became apparent there is a problem. But thank you for your time in replying to me :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Clemaux
Journeyman
Options
...and did it resolve your problem? ...you didn't say?
0 Likes
Domdidi
Apprentice
Options

As I have said in the very first post...it hasn't helped....

0 Likes