Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washing Machine WD90T984DSX - Fabric softener setting?

(Topic created on: 03-03-2022 03:34 PM)
Paul_Blatchly
Journeyman
Options

Confusion over fabric softener setting - Hope that someone can help?

Default setting is 1x.  Options allow setting to be 1x - 2x - 3x.

Does this mean for example that 2x setting doses twice the amount of softener, or half the amount?

I use a concentrated softener and the machine uses a lot on 1x setting.

Can someone please explain how the setting adjusts the dosage!

Have read the instructions, and they really are not clear.

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21
Catherine Hall
First Poster
Options

Dear paul I'm sorry my reply is for an old posting but neverthe less your query is very interesting to me looking at the problem through the eyes of an 82 year old Commercial heating engineer.   I find it bewildering that all the information is not in the Manual. My wife has never been able to program and therefore use the fabric conditioner/softener since we bought this  WF90F5E  'ecobubble' machine I wonder if that is maybe that there is very little  constructive writings about the softener at all re the  program in the user instructions.                                                                                   There is not a single instructive vid on you tube either explicit re the conditioner drawer programming..... might it be I ask because hardly any Samsung owner knows all about that softener application. Please you who know how the dispenser works or how to disable it please do reply as this would help not just us but also Samsung @Washing Machine technical@@

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@Catherine Hall wrote:

Please you who know how the dispenser works or how to disable it 

you disable softener by going into settings and turning 'dose per rinse' to 'off' 

0 Likes
Paul_Blatchly
Journeyman
Options

Hi Catherine,
Thank you for your message.
However, I am still a bit confused about the Softener settings - despite all of the previous responses.
Having looked through them all again, it would seem that setting 1x (default) dispenses the most conditioner with 2x being less and 3x less still - plus you can turn the setting off completely ie. no conditioner.  See previous post from 'xSteveUK' (04/03/22).
Sorry not to be more concusive.
Perhaps if you find out anything further, you could let me know.

Good luck!

0 Likes
HelenaBystock
Apprentice
Options

I have found the matter of the x3 fabric softener setting immensely frustrating. Usually when the manual can't provide the answers there is someone clever in the online community who can give a definitive answer, but various searches have provided equivocal advice and nothing that really gives confidence. I have spoken to someone on the Samsung technical support helpline this afternoon who (after putting me on hold and consulting a technical expert) told me that x3 relates to the strength of my fabric softener and not to the dose. I remain to be properly convinced because the machine is using up the softener so much more quickly than it should. The phone app offers amount: less/standard/more and concentration: normal/x2/x3; surely this must be the concentration of the product? As the debate about the topic on-line fully expresses the confusion with this setting, isn't it about time that Samsung stepped in and gave us all the answer? And then updated their manuals so that future (and existing) purchasers of smart machines can know what the programs mean? I buy x3 concentrate softener but it's being used far too quickly. I've reset my auto softener settings to less and normal to see if that slows down the use of the product. SAMSUNG WE NEED AN ANSWER PLEASE!

Catherine Hall
First Poster
Options

I  read your message just now & so logged into the forum .  I can see in my mind's eye the manufacturing factory with the production manager speaking in his language which he is fully entitled to.   It is the top people in the design department who write the instruction book to be translated to Brittish language who should get their act together and produce an instuction book that is explicit in all the technical details of how to fully understand our Samsung Machines.

We bought our machine from Curry's who do not give a stuff about aftersales apart from selling extra years gaurantees.   The exibitors do not have full knowledge as should have Samsung.

I will endeavor to get this secret service about this washer publicised if it's the last thing I do.

Shortly after buying the machine it stopped because of imballance in the loaded cloaths. This problem was answered by a USA sounding man who was immediately helpful and straight away explained the fault..........   I will somehow get someone to match his knowledge and elighten us all about the conditionar drawer function.

I did notice certain models of this machine have less comprehensive progamming for the dispensing drawer but it did not reveal any more info. Could this be due to language issues? Maybe YES.

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

Have a look at my picture here of the auto-dispenser drawer with the lid taken off. You can see that the fabric softener compartment on the left is much smaller than the detergent compartment on the right - maybe this is why the fabric softener runs out more often and has to be refilled more or give the illusion that the fabric softener runs out more quickly because it does not hold as much as the detergent compartment maybe? 

andy_in_ireland_0-1692047535602.png

0 Likes
HelenaBystock
Apprentice
Options

Thank you Catherine. Maybe Samsung will engage…🤔

0 Likes
HelenaBystock
Apprentice
Options

Good shout Andy. Perhaps Samsung will step in and confirm? 😂🤣

Catherine Hall
First Poster
Options

hello Helena I'm Cath's husband an old engineer. I've spoken to a lady who had a heavy USA accent & I could hardy decipher what she was saying.   I have a permenent case number so hopefully we will get this problem resolved...... This came by email......   

Poor show from Samsung because we have been taking about this ridiculous situation since 2016, when we bought the machine. Incidentally but important, I notice in this instruction book it states that there are different models which have different  auto programming. The statement does not state what machine does what. There again Samsung are vague when they do not state this data.   Or machine is the top of the list  of 4 or 5 machines     = WF90F5E5U      4X/EU.   When we bought it the seller Curries as usual did not have a clue what the machine was capable of only that it was capable of washing 9Kg of washing!

I am really looking forward to be able to put all the necessary info on this forum so that all the owners who need to use their machines to full capacity, can do so, as soon as I possibly can.

The number I rang - Samsung 0333 000 0333. In case thousands want to express their frustration........   Have all on this forum noticed that usually on You Tube there are videos that explain waht the manufacturers don't......   In the case of the  detergeant /conditioner/softener  auto dispensing drawer, there is not one explanitory video covering this  technical device.

There may be just one video bu it's in Hindu or indian lingo!

0 Likes
Paul_Blatchly
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,
Since starting this topic back in March 2022, I am still frustrated that it's an ongoing issue!
The response over time has been particularly good and highly informative - really appreciated.  However, I do agree that it really needs Samsung to deliver a clear and definitive answer.
It would seem that the 'Normal/x2/x3' setting does relate to the concentration of the conditioner.  Therefore, the 'x3' setting should dispense less conditioner than the 'Normal' setting.  Having tried this, I still cannot see any difference in the amount of conditioner I get through!  If anyone else has tried this, I would really appreciate your findings and comments.
Just another query. . . I'm still not clear as to what the settings 'Dose per Wash' and 'Dose per Rinse' (Additional Functions) do?  Do they overide the Autodose setting?  Perhaps I'm just being slow-witted!
Many thanks to all for your contributions.
Paul.

0 Likes