Did you mean: 

Warranty loss because of replaced unit

(Topic created on: 05-10-2022 10:25 AM)
AL751
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Can someone explain this to me please.

I had a Samsung inbuilt microwave/oven (along with a twin door oven and plate warming drawer) installed when I had a new Kitchen built in August 2021.

The microwave started having electronic problems almost immediately, after two failed attempts at fixing it I requested a replacement. After much emailing and argument from Samsung it was replaced in November 2021.

I now have problems with the replacement, as well as the normal 'Humm' of a microwave its started to squeak when in use. This is one of the new microwaves which does not have turntable.

I called Samsung to effect a repair, after 40 mins on the phone to a lady in the Philippines (whose English was not great) and great efforts from her to dissuade my from getting a repair (have you tried this/that and the other plus leaving it switched off overnight, this may cure electronic problems but not a squeak!) she agreed to arrange a repair.

Someone from Martin Dawes would call me within 48 hours. Needless to say they didn't. When I called them after 7 days they said Samsung had cancelled the repair as the device was out of warranty? It's 10 months into what I thought was  6 year warranty. 

It seems that because they had replaced a faulty unit after 4 months there is now no warranty! surely the new unit should have a 6 year warranty.

I really can't get my head around this, If someone could explain it I'd be most grateful. 

Thanks Al

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AL751
Apprentice
Options

I got in touch with my installer who got in touch with Samsung business.

It seems the agent booked the repair against the old microwave serial number, which of course had been replaced.

The business support guy has rebooked the repair . We shall see.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Al

0 Likes
Options
UK dot PRESIDENT at SAMSUNG dot COM

Use your order details, and best of luck.
If I helped or solved your problem, please like or tick solved.

Have been using phones since 1993, and am self taught.

I offer advice for free, cos I think it'll help, if it doesn't, explain why, I might learn something new too.

Current phone Galaxy S22 Ultra
Previous phones: most S series, Note 2, Samsung Alpha, iPhone 3gs, far too many Nokia's!
0 Likes