Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Unbearable high-pitched noise RB37J501MSA

(Topic created on: 11-10-2021 11:11 AM)
Frigomania
Journeyman
Options

I have a RB37J501MSA combo fridge that I bought in January 2021, I'm not satisfied with the unbearable high-pitched noise, similar to a microphone feedback, the noise lasts about 15 minutes and several times a day. Does anyone know how to fix this? I asked a Samsung technician to deal with this, but when he came home the noise didn't appear, so it was considered resolved. However, the noise has appeared more often and with more intensity. I'm losing all confidence in Samsung.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Frigomania: Refrigerators will typically have periods where they circulate air, and maintain the temperature of the unit, which will produce a high pitched humming sound. If this seems louder than expected, then I recommend recording the sound, as this would help the engineer to identify any potential problems with the device, such as with the compressor, during any subsequent inspections.

In the meantime, make sure your fridge is not at full capacity, as this can cause the compressor to work harder to maintain a cooler temperature. Also, make sure the appliance is on level ground, and that there are no items on top of it. Furthermore, separate any glass bottles or plates inside the fridge to make sure that vibrations are not contributing factor.

0 Likes
Frigomania
Journeyman
Options

Dear AndrewL: The RB37J501MSA is well installed and comply with all rules as witnessed by technicians and personnel from Samsung, they confirmed is according written instructions from manual. I'm located in France which I've raised all these issues of high frequency noise to Samsung including the recorded noise (attached here), which it seems happening when compressed gas is passing throughout the  expansion valve, since the same noise is still maintained when refrigerator is disconnected from power source. I'm also engineer and I understand if this information or data is not given for proper analysis, then Samsung technicians will not find main cause and origin of the problem, neither cannot propose any solution, considering similar issue is recurrent on other equipment as noticed by other users.

0 Likes
Solution
Frigomania
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
Lisko15
First Poster
Options

How do you go about this the problem you e suggested?

0 Likes