Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart connect

(Topic created on: 25-02-2023 05:41 PM)
Diana20344
First Poster
Options

I purchased a Samsung dishwasher model DW80B707OUS and I contacted Samsung because the smart control light would go off after 5 seconds. They told me it was a faulty connection, to contact lowes for a exchange. Since then I learned that all I had to do was to press the smart control button and shut the door. It continues to stay connected and you are able to start the dishwasher from your phone. I'm posting this because I read somewhere where someone was complaining that Samsung was misleading customers for the smart control app. Samsung apparently , whom I spoke with was no help to me. I figured this out on my own. After an hour, it still stays connected with the door shut. I am still able to select my settings on my phone through smart things, and am able to start my dishwasher. Hope's this helps someone who was as confused about the app and control as I was. 

2 REPLIES 2
kamil40013
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@Diana20344, Thanks for the info. It could be helpful for new users. It also took my few days to realize how Smart Connect works on mine DW60A8070US.

0 Likes
Greenlove4
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same dishwasher purchased from Lowe's in December of 2023 and the smart control button will stay on when you shut the door And I can start it from my phone. As soon as it's done washing and the door automatically opens when it's done drying and the dishwasher power is off smart control shuts off too to run my dishwasher I have to get up and walk in there and turn it on and hit Smart control again to be able to walk away and control it from my phone. So unless I can find a way to find the stay connected that everybody talks about with the Samsung washing machines the smart control is not as smart. If I had known that I was still would have to go get the power button every single time I'd bought a different dishwasher the whole point was so I could run it from my phone. 

0 Likes