Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG RS68N8330B1/EU AMERICAN FRIDGE FREEZER

(Topic created on: 08-08-2022 09:48 PM)
Chrism3
Journeyman
Options

I purchased my 

SAMSUNG RS68N8330B1/EU AMERICAN FRIDGE FREEZER

as it was advertised with a 10 year warrantee, I believed I would have 10 years worry free, sadly just after 2 years my freezer fan has packed in and only the bottom part of the freezer works and the fan is so noisy it seems like builders are working in the house. I contacted Samsung and in fairness they were quick to get back to me and also had an engineer contact me to replace the fan, but as I’ve had the fridge freezer for over 2 years, I now have to pay for a fan and labour charges of changing it, luckily I can change the fan myself. You wouldn’t expect to pay over £1000 for an electrical item that only lasts 2 years though, lesson learned, next time I’ll purchase a fridge freezer from a manufacturer with a proven reliability record, my 2 previous fridge freezers lasted over 20 years each, one still running in the garage (luckily)

17 REPLIES 17
JH34
Student
Options

Thanks very much for the link. I have done my own compatibility check and the original part I was after DA31-00345A, RMF-003ASSA is apparently no longer produced and has been replaced by the part you link to DA31-00334D, the cheapest I could find was £52 from Whitegoods .co.uk. The really annoying thing is that I have had an order placed with Samsung Spares for past 2 months but they are unaware of the change; what a shambles!

Check your fridge model with Whitegoods.co.uk, they are very helpful. And yes i can confirm that it is a simple DIY job as described below.

PhilGale
First Poster
Options

Hi - I just want to thank you for the time taken to post about this situation.  I have been waiting 10 days for my replacement fan (RMF-003ASSA) exactly like you, and now I find this out!  Now need to get the money back from eSpares who are totally uncontactable.  I have ordered the same eBay part which hopefully will be here by 23rd Sept.

Many thanks again

0 Likes
Chrism3
Journeyman
Options

Glad to have helped, it’s a real shame that Samsung parts are so misleading and unreliable, I assume e-spares use the same supplier, e-spares were excellent over 10 year ago, I now find Amazon cheaper than e-spares. I needed a part for a large Bosch tumble dryer and bosch were the cheapest supplier and an excellent customer service with very fast delivery, maybe Samsung should copy Bosch’s after sales and parts policies. Good luck when fitting, it’s an easy part to fit, just make sure the trims are warm and not cold when attempting to remove them as plastic becomes brittle when cold, that’s why I used the heater.

0 Likes
CodeJACK
Journeyman
Options

I've tried a number of times to find the original fan part without any luck. Thanks to all that confimed its no longer available, probably because its completely not fit for purpose and total junk.

Do a search on ebay for "12035GE-12M-YT" as its the exact same fan. The only thing you'll need to change is the connector as that will probably be different. Only €30 delivered from China. It may take some time so Ive ordered one from France also with this link:

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/294956487148

Hard to believe a brand like Samsung are willing to risk their name over such cheap and nasty parts but a quick google shows this is normal practice for their fridges.

0 Likes
Chrism3
Journeyman
Options

check back to the ebay link I saved in this post, it’s a little more expensive but delivered within 2 days

0 Likes
CodeJACK
Journeyman
Options

Thanks but they don't ship to Ireland/EU. I've ordered for cheaper still from France so shouldn't be too long to wait. I ordered one from China too just to have a backup but ill reply here with a review of both as it might benefit others in future

0 Likes
CodeJACK
Journeyman
Options

Well, its taken two weeks but one of the two fans i bought showed up today! It was the one from China and still waiting on the one from France that seems to be lost somewhere in the Netherlands lol.

So this fan as I knew, came with the wrong connector. Its the right fan so I cut the cable off my original and re-soldered to the new fan. Easy to get done at any electrical repair shop if you cant do it yourself.

I deliberately emptied all the ice from the fridge to start the original fan going and to have a comparison. We would have to listen to that noise for three days non stop to fill the ice back up.

New fan installed and I thought I had wired it wrong, it so silent! Like a new fridge. I'm thrilled.

A few points to note about the original fan... Total junk obviously but the reason for the noise seems to be the fan spindle is very loose in the motor. So loose, the noise must be it banging off the internal wall of the fridge as it struggles to stay running. The fan itself has a long protrusion to attach to the spindle and the new fan does not have this. Its a far better design and even the black material seems much stronger than the original.

Time will tell if it lasts any longer or performs better but for now, I'm drinking cocktails every night to enjoy the ice without the headache

0 Likes
CodeJACK
Journeyman
Options

The other fan did show up a couple of days later. Seems the exact same only in white and with the correct connector. I'll hold on to it for a backup or if someone else in Ireland needs one, try me.

0 Likes