Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RS8000 RS68N8330B1/EU American Fridge Freezer

(Topic created on: 15-09-2023 05:00 PM)
AndrewPa1
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Anyone know anything about this? Spent an hour on the phone to India support, they say out of warranty 3.5 years old.  I am fuming it blew my electrics with a pop and now not working, £1500 down the pan.

Fault Code 44 C - no cooling there was an audible pop from the kitchen and my fusebox switch tuned off. At first the guy on the phone tried to suggest 44 c was the temperature of the fridge, in technical support...

Turned it on, having thought the pop might have been the kettle.

Online says it is a main, or inverter PCB fault, or communication issue.  Online support says it is a compressor.

I was sold it with a 5-year guarantee, but that appears to have only been if I registered it, I have no recollection of that proviso.

Edited to add I got put through to complaints in the UK - the reception was worse than India. a fella, sitting at home on an internet phone line with kids in the background, cannot believe a multinational company operates like this.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Hi Andrew unfortunately it is true you have to register samsung products on this app. I had to do it with my washing machine. Did you say its samsung India your trying to reach? As this is samsung UK
0 Likes
AndrewPa1
First Poster
Options

No I dialed the UK number for Tech Support and was funneled through to an Indian call centre, which took at least 20 minutes just to register me.  Another frustrating 40 mins when they put me thorugh to complaints which was some bloke at home on a really poor intenrt call line and lots of home disturbance in the background.  Awful customer service.  

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Oh yea that, I know what you mean. Luckily I haven't had any issues with samsung but I can imagine the call centre being a nightmare
0 Likes
Sonia b
First Poster
Options

We have the same issue our fridge freezer is 4 years old. We got the compressor and some investor board? fixed yesterday by an approved Samsung engineer £280 later and it’s still not working. My house smells of gas and I have 2 children in the house with a month of no working fridge freezer and a shop coming today in the hope it was fixed!!

0 Likes
AndrewPa1
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Samsung pushed me toward their "approved repairer" and the online reviews were awful.  Some company in the North West.

I decided to try some local engineers, so I could keep control of it and three refused to come on the basis that a blown PCB or Inverter means something else is wrong, which would be hard if not impossible to track down and I would be throwing good money after bad.  EVERY single one of the three also said Samsung were awful to deal with, hard to source parts, can take months and no easy access engineer manuals.

The last one I contacted suggested it might be more fruitful to contact the retailer where I bought it from.  The FIRST time I had been given this advice!

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 is like a warranty for 6 years, an appliance should have a reasonable lifetime of 6 years. 

So I called Currys customers services and was met with the same BS as Samsung, out of warranty no repair.  I repeated to the lady I wanted to make a claim under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and Got an email address. 

I contacted them and they replied in about 7 days, they wanted me to get an engineer to come out and write a report, at my cost but they would refund that.  I tried two local and they were not interested, so I emailed and told them they would have to send their own engineer which they did.

Although Samsung had told me it could be the main PCB or Inverter, my machine only has one PCB which had an inverter built in.

The engineer tested everything on it, it was fine, except this PCB clearly had blown.  He mentioned it might have degassed, or was degassing, but wouldn't know unless the board was replaced. I thought nothing more of it, until now!! Currys would have repaired to free of charge.. 

I have told Currys I do not want it repaired because I am confident it won't work, or will but blow again, causing another loss of food. I was confident because since the awful appliance has not been working, my Electricity consumption has dropped between £6.50-9 A WEEK.  The Fridge Freezer had seemed to be working harder for a bout a year before it blew, things like Peas were clumping in frost balls. Seemed to be coming on frequently and was noisier. 

This will be the first full month and looking like it will be 72 for the month August was £109, Sept with two weeks no Samsung £97 

Reading your reply, I reckon mine was the same as yours, the slow loss of the gas meant it was working harder and harder until it blew the PCB board.

Still not finished the claim with Currys. I bought a under counter fridge freezer for £179 as couldn't stand powdered milk, tinned food etc as we didn't have a car at the time.

Your right is if it is a manufacturer's fault, which clearly this is and how can they prove it is not, they are supposed to refund the number of weeks left between when you bought, when it went wrong and 6 years.

I finally had an offer of £460 on Monday, which is for five years, I have replied upping the anti and threatening to go to small claims for the £570 they owe me + the emergency fridge freezer.

I think it is beyond a reasonable time to expect someone to live without any Fridge.

Put me right off American Fridge Freezers to be honest, I am 59 and 40 years never had a FF breakdown!

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Sounds like a nightmare, @AndrewPa1.

Glad that you've made some progress on it, but I reckon it should've been easier, quicker and better for you to get it fully resolved. Unsure if there's anything the team here can help with at this stage, but if you do want us to flag your experience at the Samsung side of things to the relevant folks then please send us a Private Message to our Sam_UK account on here (https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1716597 ) with your contact details and any reference numbers.

(Guide on how to send a Private/Direct Message here if you need it: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... )

Same goes for you, @Sonia b

0 Likes
AndrewPa1
First Poster
Options

For what to happen?

Everything @Sam_UK  needs to know is on here.  I am not making it up.  I want to keep it on an open forum.

The Indian call centre was awful, poor English everything had to be in phonetics to register the account which took 15/20 mins.  Then 40 mins taking a picture of the serial number being told the fault code was the temperature of the fridge, as that where it was displayed.  Then told the fault code didn't exist, which it doesn't be on your website either, hence I had to call.  No help whatsoever and repeating the mantra I have no rights to, essentially complain.

Was then told it must be the compressor, I lost my temper near the end and asked to be put through to a UK complaints dept, where I was met by someone I could barely hear as it felt like an Internet call, and he was wearing a headset, he too said I have no options but to pay for the repair myself.  Then loads of kids guessing coming home from School, I registered my disappointment in both Samsung and the lack of care and service and the unprofessionalism.

My original post was the day I made the call, so maybe check back. and see if you would be happy how Samsung were represented

In my opinion, Samsung should have taken the responsibility, had a followed the advice given by your tech support and booked an engineer, I would have been in the same position as @Sonia b  A further £300 down and still no £1429 Fridge freezer working.   At least I am "only" £175 down, no kids in the house any more. 

I very much doubt I will win from Currys the cost of the emergency replacement fridge freezer, the cost of electricity or the loss of £150of food your Samsung fridge freezer has cost me. 

0 Likes
AndrewPa1
First Poster
Options

@AntS  @Sam_UK    Can you give me some decent contact details please, I have had a conversation with Currys they have upped the offer to £663.

To be very honest, I am now 6 weeks without a decent Fridge Freezer, and now I'm getting really quite angry about this situation.  Your product broke down within 43 weeks of purchase.

When I made the purchase, I wouldn't have expected that 43 weeks later I was going to have to replace it, £1429 was pre covid I would bet a like for like replacement would now be closer to £1700, so to put myself back to where I should have been I am going to have to add £1000.

Do you think that is right, are Samsung proud of their performance of both the product and subsequent customer service?

Should I have expected the machine to last only 43 weeks? 

In my opinion, it should be 10+ years based on previous fridge freezers

0 Likes
Sonia b
First Poster
Options

Hi andrewpa1 thank you for your reply. We have since had the same engineer back out to apparently fix it however to no avail. So are still without a fridge freezer. I bought it from Costco and will contact them following your advice to see if we can get something back for everything they have put us through including loss of ££ and the fact it is only 4 years old!!!

0 Likes