Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

"Check the drain System" error 5c. Water doesn't drain

(Topic created on: 18-12-2021 08:11 PM)
cursedWasher
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

My Samsung WD10N84GNOA doesn't drain water fully. Every time there is about 1-2 liters of water in it.

I have had the occassional luck of it actually working if I kept trying, but it's not sustainable to waste 20+hours trying to wash one load of clothes every week...

I've "cleaned" the filter about 10 times the past two weeks, even tho it didn't need to.
Today I took the washer apart and made sure there were no socks in the pipes.
I took out the filter with the motors and all, took them apart and they were also unobstructed.

It's not that it doesn't dry the clothes, it doesn't even drain the water, fully.

I've experimented with the drain pipe height as well... I've had it plastered to the ground, had it at the recommended 60ish cm, done about everything, but I keep getting "Check the drain System" on the app and the washer gives me the 5c error.

Anybody experienced something like this, please share, I'd appreciate any tips!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

Why is Water not draining properly from the Washing machine?

https://www.samsung.com/in/support/home-appliances/why-is-water-not-draining-properly-from-the-washi...

How to resolve a 5E or 5C error code on a washing machine

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/home-appliances/how-to-resolve-a-5e-or-5c-error-code-on-a-washing...

How old is the washing machine
Do you still have warranty On it
0 Likes
cursedWasher
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I've followed the instructions in the link without success.
I just came back from draining the washer for the 5th time today.
re-positioned the hose in a drainpipe, I've lowered the hose to 40cm and driven it as down the drain pipe it can go and hoping it'll drain all the water and dry the clothes.

It's about 2 years, I'm trying to find the receipt, but probably won't find it until tomorrow.
If I still have the warranty then I'll take the easy way out.

0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
Please call for a Samsung engineer to have a look
0 Likes
Solution
cursedWasher
Apprentice
Options

Solved.

One of the pumps was not working(it was cold as opposed to the other).
Switched their cables, and positions hoping it'd drain the water.

Could been a loose cable and upon switching positions they both work now, or just the one, but it's draining as it should. Will be buying a new pump asap, but easier said than done as they aren't easy to come by... but for now I got clothes that need washing :smiling-face:

TheWincert
Student
Options
Great thank you very helpful
0 Likes