Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paint bubbling on fridge freezer

(Topic created on: 05-11-2021 08:25 PM)
Markroberts01
First Poster
Options

RS50N3513SL Samsung American fridge freezer in stainless steel has paint bubbling at the corner of water tray.  How?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Trishk555
First Poster
Options

I’ve the same prob and have got on to them and they say it’s cosmetic I went back to shop  and they can’t get onto them do I am going to request an engineer to come out and if that doesn’t happen I will then take them to small claims court They blamed it on water left in tray and not cleaning enough I told them that if  my car started to bubble while it’s parked out in the rain I would expect it to be under warranty so it’s the same for a fridge that has a water dispenser as some water will collect in tray They tried to fob me off but I am going nowhere If you google this prob it’s always a Samsung fridge that pops up I told them this and said I know there’s a flaw in the design 

0 Likes
stevescot
First Poster
Options

I've had this problem, had the door replaced early in its life the new door, after some recent issues with the icemaker leaking - had the same problem, I tried to push down the bubbles, and couldn't. removed the water tray, and took a pin, scratched the top of each bubble (after the silver layer turns to go under the water tray (so it's invisible) then pressed each bubble, and they easily went flat. after doing this I took a car laquer touch up pen and used that to seal the scratches, and the edges of the paint which I think is originally where water would sit and get behind the paint. hope this helps someone else

0 Likes
Trishk555
First Poster
Options

I got sorted after I brought up complaint with the shop as it was them I would have to take to small claims court and not Samsung I got a new door so I’m waiting to see if I get the same prob as I still have 3 more years warranty and the first time it happened I only had for year and half Samsung tried to fob me if with cosmetic issue but the engineer has replaced a lot of these doors 

0 Likes