Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oven Pre-Heat Icon and Audible Alarm

(Topic created on: 12-01-2021 03:30 PM)
DinkyDavo78
Apprentice
Options

I recently purchased a NV75K5571RS Dual Cook Electric Oven.  when I select the mode I want to cook it and the set the Temp to 180,  the oven starts to pre-heat,  the icon appears on the display, after 10 minutes the icon disappears and an audible sound is played.  but the oven temp has yet to reach 180,  the oven continues to heat up to 180.

my firm understanding is that the pre-heat icon and audible bleep is supposed to disappear and sound when the oven has reached target temperature to infom the consumer they can not put food into the oven to cook.

has anyone else seen this happen...?

13 REPLIES 13
SteveE63s
Student
Options

We have exactly the same issue with our NV70K3370BS and we unfortunately have two of these pieces of junk.

With ours, the preheat function always indicates it has reached the set temperature at 150c, regardless of what we actually set the temperature to.  We have confirmed this with both a digital temperature probe and a mechanical oven thermometer, which we leave hanging from one of the racks.

We had a Samsung engineer out, who was somewhat mystified by a preheat function that only ever preheats to one temperature, so he replaced various parts but still no change.  He then sought the help of Samsung UK and they confirmed this terrible feature is correct, which I refuse to believe, especially after reading one of the other posters on here saying the oven used to show both the set temperature and the actual temperature.  Even the engineer was shocked to hear this from Samsung UK as it defies logic. 

Our oven display only shows the set temperature and the preheat symbol extinguishes at 150c, so from that point we have no way of knowing the actual temperature using the digital oven display, which is why we have to use a digital temperature probe and a mechanical oven thermometer. 

Samsung, these ovens are not fit for purpose and you should be ashamed of yourselves! 

Simo41
First Poster
Options

I’m having exactly the same problem with newly purchased dual oven and compact oven/microwave. Samsung refusing to send an engineer without charging me, despite the warranty. If it’s a design fault then the designer needs sacking! What’s the point of a pre heat function if it sounds before the oven is fully pre heated. Mad.

Akd2
Student
Options

It is totally infuriating! My microwave now beeps and stops cooking long before the end, the timer keeps counting down so you can’t even restart to finish heating your food. How do we get this solved? So expensive. So rubbish. 

0 Likes
SteveE63s
Student
Options

If you are within 30 days of purchase you can of course return them to the retailer for a full refund if they are faulty, not as described or not fit for purpose - you don't have to prove this and you are not obligated to pursue repairs etc. 

After 30 days and up until 6 months from purchase you are still protected by the 2015 Consumer Rights Act, although you now need to allow 3 x repair attempts before requesting a full refund or replacement.  The onus is on the seller to prove the ovens are not faulty, not as described etc.  Your contract is with the retailer, not the supplier, although the former will try push you towards the latter. 

Make contact with the retailer, explain why the ovens are not fit for purpose as you have no way of knowing when the oven is as the correct temperature (risk of undercooked food and food poisoning) and you would like to return them for a full refund under the above act.  Make sure all contact is via email, so you have an electronic trail of correspondence as my experience is some manufacturers will blatantly lie about engineer visits, parts replaced etc. 

The retailer will insist you allow the manufacturer 3 x attempts to fix the fault, which they won't be able to do as it's a blatant design fault.  After 3 x failed attempts (keep records of visit dates/times, engineer name etc), contact the retailer, tell them the oven is still faulty and you would like to return it under 2015 Consumer Rights Act (faulty, not fit for purpose, not as described as thermostat light is designed by Samsung to extinguish at the same temperature regardless of set temperature) for a full refund. 

The retail will try to wriggle out of this, so remind them of the retailers legal duty under this act and mention that you will have no qualms pursuing the return, refund and costs via small claims act.  This is how we returned our ovens for a full refund but it sadly took the threat of the small claims court to ultimately spur them into accepting the return after 3 x failed attempts at a repair.  Good luck!