Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC28M6055CK quick start button now only works when pressing EcoMode button first, it used to work when the clock was active...

(Topic created on: 12-03-2022 04:47 PM)
ElDuKe
Journeyman
Options

We have a MC28M6055CK that was bought during the pandemic and its just started with the issue in this subject
After finding this thread for a similar issue, I thought I would post my issue too.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/home-appliances/mc28m6075cs-microwave-oven-semi-responsive-butto...

I wonder if there is any solutions to this? As Samsung seem to insist on cleaning the microwave, but the outside is clean? Things I have done:

• Turning the Child Lock on and off again.
  • Shutting off the power, unplugging and leaving it alone for 10mins (attempted twice).

18 REPLIES 18
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Press and hold the START/ENTER key again for approximately 4 seconds. The L indicator or lock icon should disappear from the display. If the controls are still not responding, attempt a reset on the microwave by unplugging the unit for 2-3 minutes. Plug the microwave back in and attempt the use the microwave again

If still have the issue
Then perhaps a service is required

If still under warranty
You could try contacting support
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/
0 Likes
ElDuKe
Journeyman
Options

Hi Steve,

Appreciate your help.
The microwave has a child lock button and I tried turning that on and off with no effect. This morning quick start worked normally with the clock displayed, yesterday would only work when Eco Mode was engaged.
I had already twice tried (mentioned in my post) turning off the microwave by unplugging from the wall. I also contacted Samsung chat who advised cleaning the buttons (which arent dirty)

The device is outside of the 12 month warranty and a service maybe required, which I assume I will have to pay for.

To be honest, I feel that this is pretty poor from Samsung, as this was a replacement of a 10 year old microwave which died, so to have issues before 2 years of ownership are up, not happy at all.
We are careful owners and the machine is clean, so to have issues like this, just bad quality all round. I will be leaving honest reviews and advising friends to avoid Samsung Microwaves.

Mind4
First Poster
Options
Hello. Did you get fixed? I got same problem 😕
kenm
First Poster
Options
Same issue any ideas how to resolve??
cdlees
First Poster
Options

Me too 😞

0 Likes
DniCo
First Poster
Options

Just posted a similar issue for my model bought two years ago. If anyone knows how to fix this I’d be happy for the help. 

0 Likes
auntieelle
First Poster
Options
I am just experiencing the same problem My oven is just out of warranty and they've given me details for an engineer in Warrington - I live in Worcester!!
It would cost so much to get it to the engineer and repaired that I may as well just replace it - NOT with another Samsung!!!!
0 Likes
ElDuKe
Journeyman
Options

Weirdly the quick start button has been behaving for a while now. Screen sometimes glitches and only displays some of the details but, that is again random.
We will put up with this for a while, as I refuse to pay for a new microwave, while I can get this one to function.

0 Likes