Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with emergency drain hose

(Topic created on: 05-07-2019 10:39 PM)
Ladylu505
Apprentice
Options

Hi we found water in the drum of our eco bubble washing machine/dryer so we tried to do the emergency drain. We followed the instructions to pull the hose out from the front of the washing machine. However the hose will only come out about an inch so we cant pull it out enough to put it above a bowl/container to collect the water in. Any advice?

53 REPLIES 53
Wonga78
First Poster
Options

My machine made some funny noises mid cycle today so knew from before to check the filter for rubbish etc on the bottom left square panel. As we all know the emergency drain hose is 2/3 inches long so realistically a shallow baking tray is the most appropriate and least hassle to drain with.Perhaps as it is relying on gravity the hose is short so it keeps it pointing down as much as possible? Now after 30 awkward mins as I was using a washing up basin balanced on it's corner and not draining much at a time I decided to put the machine on drain and spin. After 15min the cycle ended and I was worried there is still water so I pulled the stopper on the drainage hose and the stopper came off completely with the hose retracting fully into the 5p sized hole! The way it sat naturally no coat hanger or tweezers were ever going to be able to tease it back out through the 5p hole!

So I tilted the washing machine to the left with cushioning and towels. In fact an unopened bag of nappies were perfect. Then you remove four screws on the base plate (a cross haired screwdriver) which when removed gives easy access to the hose and the 5p hole!

It did take me around 90mins from start to finish clean up. I was lucky my water pipes etc were long enough to tilt without having to unscrew the clip holding the water pipe. Happy but knackered! And still poor designed!

0 Likes
Wonga78
First Poster
Options

@Wonga78 wrote:

My machine made some funny noises mid cycle today so knew from before to check the filter for rubbish etc on the bottom left square panel. As we all know the emergency drain hose is 2/3 inches long so realistically a shallow baking tray is the most appropriate and least hassle to drain with.Perhaps as it is relying on gravity the hose is short so it keeps it pointing down as much as possible? Now after 30 awkward mins as I was using a washing up basin balanced on it's corner and not draining much at a time I decided to put the machine on drain and spin. After 15min the cycle ended and I was worried there is still water so I pulled the stopper on the drainage hose and the stopper came off completely with the hose retracting fully into the 5p sized hole! The way it sat naturally no coat hanger or tweezers were ever going to be able to tease it back out through the 5p hole!

So I tilted the washing machine to the left with cushioning and towels. In fact an unopened bag of nappies were perfect. Then you remove four screws on the base plate (a cross haired screwdriver) which when removed gives easy access to the hose and the 5p hole!

It did take me around 90mins from start to finish clean up. I was lucky my water pipes etc were long enough to tilt without having to unscrew the clip holding the water pipe. Happy but knackered! And still poor designed!

And I forgot to say there was minimal water from the filter when I removed it so no need for the emergency hose in my case!

0 Likes
Members_68W1cVB
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your tip, I also lost the emergency drain tube (AWFUL design Samsung!) into my EcoBubble washing maching yesterday when preparing to clean the filter. The machine is wedged into a small space so almost impossible to move on my own, tip up and remove the bottom (but thanks for that tip too as that was my next resort). Anyway, I removed the white housing around where the filter and emergency drain tube are (tricky put put something flat/ sharp and gently prise off) and I could then access the larger hole to the right of the hole where the tube disappeared from - and using fingers eventually found the pipe and pulled it towards where it disappeared from, then using pliers I gently pulled it back through and put the stopper back on. Thank you! And Samsung, you really need to fix such a design flaw, too easy to lose this tube and no easy way to retrieve.

unknown1233378
First Poster
Options

Absolute joke of a design. Samsung how hard is it to provide a rubber tube to prevent this after over 3 years of issues?

Also as others have pointed out, draining water from it is a nightmare (and the fact it needs done after almost every single wash) 

0 Likes
FrankBough
First Poster
Options

Same happened to me tonight- literally cannot believe what awful design this is. 

Anyway, machine out, laid it on left side (so filter was at the top), removes base via 4 cross head screws, pushed the tube back with my right hand then grabbed with pinch nose pliers in my left. 

thanks for all the help all but Samsung- shame on you all. 

0 Likes
Members_1MuFAXQ
First Poster
Options

This is regarding: WW10N645RBW

The emergency hose pipe fell inside the cavity and got stuck. Samsung wouldn't sign off the work under warranty and they wanted £100 call out charge before the engineers and 'labour' fee.  I luckily found these pages and saved hundreds of pounds. Just to add, for this particular model : WW10N645RBW laying it on its front and coming in from the side worked a treat. Just unscrewed 4 little screws. Dead easy. 

Disgusting Samsung are charging people for a design fault. Anyway. Thanks to the others who advised first. It worked 

0 Likes
Jxzh
First Poster
Options

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS 🙏 I was dreading to have to move the machine and was even filing the hole down to make it larger, but this did the trick. The white plastic housing is pretty easy to remove from the latches with pliers, and easy to put back too.

After pulling the hose back in place I've secured it with rubber bands under the cap so it won't slip in again 😩

0 Likes
evyb123
Apprentice
Options

Check this out on how to get the hose back out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K2qzE_4SB0&t=30s

0 Likes
ardipitheca
First Poster
Options

Hi This isn't so much a reply as a new question on the same general topic, because I can't figure out how to begin a new question on this forum.

I have an older model WF-J1254 front load washer and I was simply trying to follow recommendations to clean the filter occasionally (for which I am now kicking myself!) I have only once before used the emergency tube due to an actual error message when I had to drain the machine. This time, in my attempt to drain the residual water in the machine, I pulled on the emergency hose per the instructions. It was a bit difficult to manoeuvre and I guess I pulled too hard because it appears to have become disconnected to whatever it was connected to. This became more apparent when I subsequently tried to do a washing, as no water would enter the machine (and no, I didn't turn the taps off. I figure it's probably some safety mechanism because the emergency hose is disconnected?). The hose issue is the only thing that's different. I don't know if something is broken or it's just disengaged. Does anyone know if this repairable? Is there a manual for such a repair?  If it's not something I can do myself and I have to hire a repair person, I'd like to be as informed as possible beforehand so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

0 Likes
Members_PKgAA7R
First Poster
Options

Hi I've done the same thing and pulled off the small rubber hose.  How did you re-attach it please? 

0 Likes