Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with emergency drain hose

(Topic created on: 05-07-2019 10:39 PM)
Ladylu505
Apprentice
Options

Hi we found water in the drum of our eco bubble washing machine/dryer so we tried to do the emergency drain. We followed the instructions to pull the hose out from the front of the washing machine. However the hose will only come out about an inch so we cant pull it out enough to put it above a bowl/container to collect the water in. Any advice?

53 REPLIES 53
KCCoff
Journeyman
Options

I used a pair of needle-nose pliers and carefully "grabbed" hold of the side of the tube. I gently pulled it out far enough to be able to keep hold so I could replace the cap. Next time, AS SOON AS I PULL IT OUT, I will put a clip on it or wrap a thick rubber-band around it, anything to keep it from sliding back into the hole. It worked for me - no way could I have turned the machine on its side.

0 Likes
KCCoff
Journeyman
Options

Using a pair of needle-nosed pliers, I carefully grabbed the edge of the tube and gently pulled it back out until I could pull it with my fingers. Lesson learned: I won't do that again. No way would I ever be able to turn a washer over on its side and all that horsing around.  

0 Likes
fiona3
First Poster
Options

Genius - managed to pull the tube through and fix it and saved a call-out fee!! But what a stupid design!! Thank you so much!!

DrRSG
First Poster
Options

Just had exactly the same problem and Samsung support suggested I call an engineer. Repaired it myself following the instructions above, so many thanks for posting the solution. Has anyone made this design problem known to Samsung?

Saima Phillips
First Poster
Options

Evening,

we faced the same issue with our machine. Well after Googling and no help is available so we called Samsung and they asked to email the problem with pictures. We are told to wait 3-5 working days.

so I took matter in my own hands and pulled the pipe out using a coat hanger. Don’t ask the struggle but now machine is on and running.

Please don’t retry this with your machine, I took a £800 risk but Samsung should fix this annoying feature.

KCCoff
Journeyman
Options

I'd give your comment three stars if I could!

0 Likes
KCCoff
Journeyman
Options

And now I've sold the machine - new house has a separate washer and dryer (Bosch). Wonder when Samsung will realize this problem is enough to convince people to avoid their combis?

0 Likes
KCCoff
Journeyman
Options

I did. They don't want to know. If enough people complain they might at least have to take notice. Strength in numbers...!

0 Likes
Dee_A12
First Poster
Options

HI all,

Had the same problem, called up and got nowhere after an hour! Came across this page after shear frustration and I'm very grateful for all the useful advise that's been suggested!

It worked!

I tilted my machine on it's left side (had to stuff bin liners full of clothes though and position them underneath to support it from completely slipping to the ground, (am not the strongest of females to pull the machine out of its kitchen slot by myself and lie it completely on its side so once I'd pulled it forward (struggled!),  cushioning and tilting really helped in my case! Agree, was hard to remove one of the screws - the one I needed most as well! but was able to unscrew the others and used a chopstick to push the tube through and a screwdriver to carefully hold it in position & once through I was able to put the cap back on. Agree as well - was a bit fiddly but job done! Machine is now working fine! Thank you guys! x

0 Likes
KCCoff
Journeyman
Options

Hi there,

You might not need to turn the machine on its side and all that. (There wouldn't be room in my laundry cupboard, and it would be difficult to pull it all the way out into the hallway.) In March this year I had the same problem. What I posted above:

Using a pair of needle-nosed pliers, I carefully grabbed the edge of the tube and gently pulled it back out until I could pull it with my fingers. Lesson learned: I won't do that again. No way would I ever be able to turn a washer over on its side and all that horsing around.

Worked a treat. Never had to move the machine at all, let alone try to tilt it.

0 Likes