Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Fridge and Freezer next to each other

(Topic created on: 12-03-2022 03:38 PM)
ColinR11
First Poster
Options

According to the user manual it's possible to install a Side by Side combination with Samsung Models starting
with R Z**,RR**. I have a Samsung RR82PDMH & RZ80FDMH and am trying to mount them side-by-side. I am using a joining strip and with the fridge on the right (as you look at it) and the freezer on the left. I can see that if I put a level on the body of the fridge it is upright but the door appears to be leaning to the left. It is similar with the freezer door which leans the other way. Consequently when i follow the instructions laid out in the manual and close the doors the handles collide, not good!!

I have measured the gaps between the edge of the frame of the machine and the edges of the doors, which are as follows:

Freezer Fridge
Measurement Position Left Right
left right left right
gap frame to door edge top 6mm 4.5mm 3.5mm 7mm
bottom 5mm 5.5mm 5mm 5.5mm

Common sense would suggest all i need to do is adjust the doors to even the gaps, leaving the bigger space (5.5mm) on the left of the fridge and right of the freezer. However, I cannot see where I can adjust the doors. Has anyone come across this problem? or could you point me in the direction of a solution?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
John2213
First Poster
Options
we seem to have similar issue the freezer door doesn't line up with fridge door, the freezer door is higher , but the actual units are level.
any ideas on how to remedy this
0 Likes
Stephen C
First Poster
Options

Did you manage to work out how to fix this? ANd where did you get the joining strip from?

0 Likes
John2213
First Poster
Options
No this didn't get sorted and we just live with it not being level.
Joining stuff comes with the fridge and freezer
0 Likes
ColinR11
First Poster
Options

We had exactly the same problem!! The doors can be adjusted through adjusting the hinges, how to access these is documented in the manual. However you may well need to drill out the hinge mounting holes to gain enough adjustment.

0 Likes