Support

Open search

ice maker no longer operates correctly

Highlighted
First Poster

I have a Samsung rs261mdwp side-by-side fridge.  Recently, the ice cub tray cracked & needed to be replaced. Seemed like a simple fix so I bought a new one & installed as needed. However, it no longer is producing ice automatically. I can hold down the test button and it will rotate a filled ice tray, dispense, return and then fill with water (to then freeze over time). However, it will no longer go through the full automatic process of making ice. Basically, I have to manually hold the "test" button again. 

Do I possibly need a new ice sensor? If so, what is the part number and where can I find it to order one?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hi @mfranch87. :robothappy:

I did a search on that model, and it looks to be a US one. Have you checked out the 'Ice' troubleshooting guide for it on the US Samsung website here?

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Highlighted

Sorry for the delay. I clicked the link and it doesn't appear to be valid as there is no info. However, I did find the manual online for this model here:  Model # rs261mdwp manual

it had a troubleshooting area, but did not mention anything related to my ice cube issue.  I'm still trying to figure out what is going on here. Again, it worked fine before I replaced the ice cube tray. Once fixed, it won't automatically dispense the ice and I have to manually do this by hitting the 'reset/test' button each time.

Highlighted
I have the same issue - different model (RS54H) but I changed the sensor but it still doesn't produce ice (unless I press the test button - in which case it dispenses perfectly). The only other thing of note is that 'cubed ice' light is not lighting, although I can still see it dimly, while 'no ice' and 'crushed ice' show up as expected.
Top Liked Authors