Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how does Hygiene Steam washing work?

(Topic created on: 09-07-2022 05:16 PM)
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

I am just trying to grapple the Hygiene Steam cycle on the WW90T534DAW because you can set the temp of the wash temperature from cold all the way up to 60'c .... but steam only occurs doesn't it around 100'c boiling point ? 
so , what if you are sanitizing cotton , but the label says 40'c wash temperature maximum , but you put it on Hygeine Steam cycle are you then washing at 40'c or 100'c ???

#washing machine #ww90t534 #laundry

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@andy_in_ireland: The Hygiene Steam cycle releases steam from the bottom of the drum, giving your clothes a deeper clean. It is intended for use with cotton and linen items that have been in direct contact with the skin, such as underwear. According to the user manual it should be possible to set the cycle temperature between cold and 90 degrees Celcius, and it is recommended to set the temp. to 60 or higher for optimal results. If you set the cycle to 60 degrees, then this is the temperature the cycle will run at, so you may wish to avoid adding garments that specify a lower temperature in the label. 

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

Thank you Andrew. Its a strange way it works on Samsung. I have seen steam cycle in other washing machines and its worked with no water in the drum and must have some type of steam generator under the tub and all you have is pure steam just going through the washing , but the way these Samsungs work on steam hygiene seems to be with water in the drum. Other washing machines with steam cycle happen at the end of the wash as well (if selected) so that not only does it get rid of odours it also smooths out any creases in garments and leaves them slightly damp for ironing . i think I would have preferred that personally than the way the samsung does it in the middle of the wash like that. 
and as regards to temperature I can only go by feeling the glass because I haven't got one of those digital temperature devices you point , but I set to 40'c and chose steam hygiene and there was no way it was washing at 40'c it was much hotter than that , almost boiling i would say and could hear it fizzing like a kettle 

Shazzo
First Poster
Options
Hygiene steam in my samsung WW90TA046AE/EU, is just a plain old 60 degree wash.Thank goodness I tried it with an old towel , I would have ruined my clothing.
0 Likes
krtek2k
Apprentice
Options

can you answer to the questions of the OP, not some bullshit that makes no sense at all or answers literally anything. Stupid.

0 Likes
krtek2k
Apprentice
Options

I have been looking for this all over everywhere, it is not answered anywhere. So I guess it is just a marketing bullshit that is just total scam and should be reported.

0 Likes