Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotblast MC32K7055CK Door steams up BETWEEN the glass panels

(Topic created on: 06-05-2022 12:38 PM)
Cobwebs
Explorer
Options

IMG_0489.jpegIMG_0491.jpegIMG_0492.jpegThe drop down door on this combi fits ok, but when I cook anything like oven chips on H5, Hotblast Auto, the door steams up between the 2 glass panels. I've never ever had this happen before, even on the 2 previous Hotblast ovens I've had. The steam is so thick you can't see through the door at all. I did speak to someone on Samsung Live Chat Support but they told me this was normal, I think they thought I meant the door steamed up on the inside facing the oven cavity, even though I had photo's. He told me that the 2 glass panels are sealed and no steam would escape between the panels but would escape around the door. 

So am posting this in here. Within a minute or two of pressing H5 and cooking starts the door rapidly fills with condensation/steam until the whole door inside both panes are covered. When the cooking has finished it takes about a minute or two for the steam to go. 

So does anyone else have this problem. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Cobwebs
Explorer
Options

Sorry duplicate post.

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Got the same model, 2 years ago, never had that issue, must be a seal, is the front glass hot, only issue I have had is the ***** rotary timer *****.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Cobwebs
Explorer
Options

I've never had the issue before either, I thought the same as you, a seal. Also have tons of steam coming out along the top and right hand side of the door. Have contacted Samsung via ao.com website and they did a video call and so I put some frozen oven chips on the crusty plate and put in on H5 and they could see the smoke (or steam) coming out and the steam completely covering the front door glass inside. So have had to send pics now to the uk technical dept for them to look at and awaiting a reply (today they said). 

It's with the 28 days so could contact ao to replace it but was wary incase it's a known problem and a replacement had the same issue. But seeing as you don't have that I think I'll contact AO for a replacement if Samsung come back to me and say 'it's normal'.  

You know I never thought to touch the outside of the glass on the door! I will next time it happens. 

Thanks for replying, much appreciated. 

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Best in these cases within your return window is return or replace, don't repair.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Cobwebs
Explorer
Options

Yes I agree.

I rang AO yesterday and explained and the Ao guy phoned Samsung who wanted to take responsibility and get their repair partners to collect the m/w and investigate but that would have taken at least a month to sort out before I had a replacement, so the AO guy stepped in and arranged an immediate replacement which is being delivered tomorrow (Sunday) and collect the dodgy one at the same time. This will be my 4th Hotblast since August 2022.

In fact the second 28L MC28K6055CK is being collected today by AO as Samsung's repair partners didn't return it to me within the return window and had hung onto it for a month longer because they didn't realise it had to come back to me. So chased them up and they returned it to me last Thursday so I could phone AO and arrange collection. 

Those first two (28L) were returned as requested via Samsung as the engineer had condemned them unrepairable, they were arcing inside on HotBlastAuto and the engineer assumed it to be the same manufacturing fault on both. There were quite a few customers had the arcing problem with the 28L models evidently. One posted on this forum. 

AO kindly replaced the second 28L one with this 32L drop down door model for the same price as the 28L. This 32L has never arced, just the door problem. So everything crossed it will be a good one. 

If I don't post back here in this thread it's a sign the replacement no.4 is working as it should with no faults. 

Cobwebs
Explorer
Options

0 Likes
Cobwebs
Explorer
Options

Well the replacement arrived today, tested it on the hotblast auto and only a tiny amount of steam in-between the glass panels, great! BUT..... as I closed the door the microwave rocked on its feet. So I checked the 2 rubber front feet and found the left hand one was 4mm shorter than the right and it had to be unscrewed almost to level up the microwave and stop it rocking. 

Rang AO and they will send out replacement no5 this week and collect no4.. It's unbelievable I've now had 4 and soon 5 of these within a few months. If no5 has any faults I'm afraid I'll go for a full refund and won't touch Samsung Hotblast microwaves ever again. It's very sad that their quality control is so slack.  I've had Samsung appliances in my home for years and always recommended them as they're so reliable but for some reason things are not the same now. Shoddy workmanship and lack of quality control. 

0 Likes