Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fridge stuck on software update and now is not working

(Topic created on: 31-01-2024 12:32 PM)
Sharki9
Explorer
Options

IMG_3166.jpeg

Anyone else have problem with the latest software update on fridge family hub ? 

the fridge is stuck in the loop and after while it come up with error 41, tried to switching off the button on the door and from the power but it’s stuck in the update.

the light in the fridge is off and water pitcher is not filling up so it looks like the fridge is completely off, can’t understand how the software update can disable basic function of the fridge ? I get the other settings like pitcher etc but to stop the fridge freezer completely ? What a great idea 

called Samsung and was told to switching off for 3h …

I wonder if they have released some bogus software which broke my fridge? Anyone else have issues today ?

0 Likes
48 REPLIES 48
Sharki9
Explorer
Options

yes it is still on, but I think the fridge might not be cooling as it used to as it set to 3 degree, and I have put 2 thermometers inside and they show 7-8 degree. it cools down to 3 on power cool but when this stops the temp goes to 7-8

the freezer is -24 so this looks ok. 

but it is still on since and I tried to reboot it couple times, funny enough I can turn the tablet off on the door and just have fridge freezer running without tablet, so why the software update disabled it ?

the I icon will only pop up if you had a wall paper/ screen saver  set from art gallery I guess as its an info about the art , and we had a screen saver when it goes off set to the art, so I guess I was lucky I had it set up.

0 Likes
rofattor
Explorer
Options

Thank you for your reply ... yesterday I had another technician over and again he had no idea what to do ... now they will try in a week to change the board on the back of the fridge and if will still not work they will change the tablet ....

yesterday after he left i started digging on the web and I found the way to reset the tablet ... now the tablet is perfectly working but fridge is still off... just for your info... with the screen active  if you press the second icon from the left on the bottom of the screen for 10 seconds, you will see a "secret menu" appear ... there, you can reset your table and I was able to get there even if the screen was lock in that crazy loop

have alook https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy7XfPhMhv8

see the 3rd way to reset the tablet

why Samsung technicians don't know that ????? 

0 Likes
Sharki9
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the info about tablet will check it out for the future as it might be handy if they do it again, I usually like to keep my devices updated but now I’m not sure if I can trust those software updates … 

they mess it up big time, I hope you can get yours fixed free of charge and get the money back from the first visit as I don’t think it should be on you to pay for that.

0 Likes
uklonglegs43
Explorer
Options

Hi Sharki9 just wondering if your fridge/freezer has been fixed yet? Mine went down after asking for a update Wednesday 31st 4.20am just had a engineer come out, total waste of time had no clue, had to phone the office and have been told they need to order a new screen ***** fed up is not the word, I have told Samsung this is totally unacceptable 😩

0 Likes
Sharki9
Explorer
Options

I have manage to find workaround by clicking on the i ICON on my wallpaper / screen saver if you scroll a bit higher the i icon is the info about the art picture (I think its on page 2 )

so when I rebooted the tablet there is a brief flash of this art picture which I have set up as screen saver and I kept hitting the i icon multiple times until the info about this art popped up suddenly I heard the fridge starting I open the door and the light was there and I could hear it started to cool, unfortunately this workaround I think will only work if you had this art gallery set as screen saver otherwise I think yours will go straight to software update pop up / loop 

unfortunately the Samsung helpdesk was clueless and I guess I was lucky that I'm from IT background and click everywhere to test things 

I have however engineer scheduled tomorrow to come in to test the fridge as the temps inside are much higher then what I have set it on the door, I have it set on 3 but the temps inside are around 8 and jump from 5 to 10. it will only go down to 3 if I press power cool. 

if I didn't find this workaround I would be still without fridge/freezer since Wednesday 31st as the first available slot from engineers was 6th and I think they would say we can't fix it and need new tablet as your case and rofattor 

this is ridicules that the software update can brick your fridge how we supposed to trust the updates in the future when the fridge will be out of warranty ?

I throw away the freezer food as its started going soft so I wonder who is going to fork out for that

uklonglegs43
Explorer
Options

Hi Sharki9

I reckon you will be the same as me and will need a new screen absolute nightmare as you then have to wait up to 7 days for the engineer to receive the screen and then come back to fit. You will definitely get compensation for the food from your fridge/freezer Samsung have confirmed this, but you cannot put a claim in until the appliance is fully working. 
I too feel exactly the same as you and have relayed this to Samsung I will be so worried about clicking ok on a software update in the future, just the thought of having to go through this again really stresses me out. I honestly cannot believe that they do not have some kind of manual override when the hub goes wrong, even the engineer said that if the screen was not on, it looks like it’s not connected to the mains, Samsung have really messed up here for sure, also unless it takes longer than 14 days to fix you cannot claim compensation for the headache & inconvenience of not having a fridge causes 😩 I have totally Lost all trust in Samsung as a company, if we were not under warranty god knows what price we would be looking at for a new screen. I feel like we have waisted a lot of hard earned cash on this appliance, I really wish I hadn’t brought it.
I will keep you updated with our progress and would really appreciate it if you could too 😊
Sharki9
Explorer
Options

I'm lucky that my workaround has worked for my tablet and the fridge is back to cooling and don't have this nightmare software update any more 

regarding the temps in the fridge the engineer said that apparently they in the normal range which is wired as If I wanted 8 in the fridge I would put 8 degree in settings I get couple degree up and down of the set temp but 5 degree .... can't do anything more then keep an eye on the temps 

uklonglegs43
Explorer
Options

Hi Sharki9

im so glad your managed to get around this software loop, you have saved Samsung a lot of money not having to put a new screen in, don’t forget to put a claim in for your freezer food you lost, definitely keep an eye on the Temp, I always have mine set at 3

received a call from the engineer today they are not coming out until next Wednesday 😩 honestly 2 weeks with out a fridge/freezer is an absolute nightmare, and definitely not ok on any level.

Will definitely update when I have more news

take care

0 Likes
Sharki9
Explorer
Options

Once you manage to sort out your fridge can you put a thermometer inside so I can compare the temps? As 5 degree out of the set temp I think it’s too much if I wanted it to be 7-8 I would have set 7-8 in the door as there is an option for it 🤷‍♂️ but I have no comparison to what it was before the software glitch. 

uklonglegs43
Explorer
Options

Hi Sharki9

yes of course I will

kindest regards

linda