Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ecobubble keeps extending washing program time (e.g from 1:09 --> 2:45)

(Topic created on: 18-04-2019 08:22 AM)
PM_Helsinki
Apprentice
Options

Our new 9 kg Ecobubble washing machine may start the washing program (40c, 3 rinses) showing the washing time to be 1:09.

After some fifiteen minutes of use, the remaining washing time jumps to three hours. 

The local service team has not been able to figure out why this happens. This time-tripling happens on about one out of three times. Any tips?

48 REPLIES 48
callistabelle
Apprentice
Options

My old machine never had that kind of problems. And you are assuming (wrongly) that I overload my machine. I only remember my old machine having a half-load setting (on/off push button) for any of the cycles. It was pretty basic so it didn't have loads of specific settings. I was just really surprised to see that only one setting does 9kg and then it's down to less than half for other settings. I'd had the previous machine for over 10 years (closer to 20) so I don't think I battered it too badly, it never needed repairing, it just went on and washed, then died. So my washing machine knowledge isn't up to scratch, it just seemed weird to me that a washing machine had such a difference in the weights it can handle from one programme to another.

0 Likes
Sayesbury
Apprentice
Options

My machine has the same problem with random increased wash times. I also noticed when it increases time it also increase the temperature. One 40 deg. load, I can measure the window outside with an infra-red thermometer  and it reads 46 degrees. I think the temperature inside is probably nearer 50.

I have tried re-calibrating  and the problem persists. Model is WW10T554DAW.

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@Sayesbury wrote:

My machine has the same problem with random increased wash times. I also noticed when it increases time it also increase the temperature. One 40 deg. load, I can measure the window outside with an infra-red thermometer  and it reads 46 degrees. I think the temperature inside is probably nearer 50.

I have tried re-calibrating  and the problem persists. Model is WW10T554DAW.

What washing cycle/programme have you got it on? - would it be eco 40-60 or another one? and is the water going into the machine sufficient pressure?

0 Likes
Sayesbury
Apprentice
Options

It's on the cotton programme. The mains cold water pressure is very strong at the house. It appears to fill water at the soap tray at a good speed.

0 Likes
SteveDH
Apprentice
Options

It didn’t matter what programme was used. This is a rubbish design feature which makes the machine keep extending wash times.  This machine was slowly driving us mad so we eventually got rid of it and bought a Miele - no problems at all now and our stress levels have returned to normal. 

0 Likes
Sayesbury
Apprentice
Options

I have a solution which I think is about as good as it gets on this machine. After some investigating, I realised the problem is related to the way the load is weighed. On either the Eco or Cotton programme, the load is weighed twice. Once at the beginning and again after the water is added. It is this second weighing which causes the load to extend to over 3 hours. If it worked properly then all is fine, but it is badly designed and is unreliable. So the solution is to not use the Cotton or Eco programmes. The one which I found to work well was the Mixed Load programme. It is 1 hour and 6 minutes. If the load is a bit dirty I add the Bubble Soak option which extends the washing to 1 hour 36 minutes. It don't matter if this load does not get a second weighing as I don't ever overload the machine. I like to leave plenty of room for the clothes to wash.

whiteswan1231
First Poster
Options

Hi 🙂

Thanks so much for the mixed load solution to this problem.

It works absolutely fine now - cleans everything in an hour or less.......seems a bit daft that I have all these programs but now am limited to using 1 programme for everything.

The only way I could use the "cotton" programme was to set it to start overnight - this way you can set the "end" time you want the wash to finish - advantage of this is if your electricity is cheaper overnight (mine isn't) it allows you to take advantage of this.

But after speaking to AO whom I bought the machine from - they just said it's a "feature" - well seems a huge backward step to me.

Once again thank you for your help.

Dave

0 Likes
andy_in_ireland
Troubleshooter
Options

@Sayesbury wrote:

The one which I found to work well was the Mixed Load programme. It is 1 hour and 6 minutes. If the load is a bit dirty I add the Bubble Soak option which extends the washing to 1 hour 36 minutes. It don't matter if this load does not get a second weighing as I don't ever overload the machine. I like to leave plenty of room for the clothes to wash.

another wash cycle you could try is 'intensive' along with the mixed load programme instead of 'bubble soak' .Intensive will do a longer wash but around 1h20m - I don't really think  a 60'c mixed load could even get up to 60'c on a 1hr 6mins in such a short time, but may do if intensive is selected from the options in the washing machines menu

0 Likes
Members_0fbIwY4
First Poster
Options

2024 and its still happening!

0 Likes