Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eco bubble washing machine keeps pausing mid cycle

(Topic created on: 18-05-2020 11:34 PM)
Finkleberry
Student
Options

Washing machine has suddenly started pausing mid cycle - WF80F5E0W4W eco bubble 8kg

Machine has been brilliant until just started doing this yesterday....I thought I had accidentally knocked it and when I pressed start/pause it fired up again?!

I cleared drain this evening and recalibrated the machine but problem still persists. 

Can anyone shed any light on this issue for me? I could really do without the expense of an engineer while I am furloughed 😕

51 REPLIES 51
dengor
Apprentice
Options

My series 8 has recently developed the exact same issue and sounds you hear.  Also, mine won't stop if it gets to the final spin cycle. Just keeps going until I press stop.

Waiting for tech expert to call me. Let's see what they say! 

0 Likes
NiciC
Apprentice
Options

Hi

The technician came out when mine kept stopping. He discovered there was a wire broken on the wire harness at the back of the machine. At the bottom. They Wanted to replace the wire harness but my husband managed to fix it himself. 
My machine works perfectly now. 

0 Likes
Jimbo169527
First Poster
Options

I had a problem with my Samsung WF80F5E2W4X/EU stopping mid cycle with no error code.  It turned out to be a faulty door lock.  I bought a replacement on-line and was able to replace it myself within 10 minutes after watching a YouTube video.  So far so good, the machine has worked perfectly

0 Likes
dengor
Apprentice
Options

Update on my problem. Samsung eventually sent a repairer out to check. The agitator motor mount had snapped at 2 points which made the motor loose and vibrate and also displaced the belt. No idea how a few months usage would cause that! Anyway, he ordered a new motor and mount and the machine is working properly now. 

0 Likes
JessCef
First Poster
Options

I use the daily cycle too and sometimes it stops mid cycle. I turn off the machine from plug when I am ready from washing and it seems to help. It seems to reset the machine when it is turned off for a couple of days. 

0 Likes
NiciC
Apprentice
Options

Hello

mine eventually did the same thing again. It is now sadly on the dump and I am the proud owner of a new Bosch 🙂

Linda110
Apprentice
Options

Having the same problem and looking on the internet for a solution I found this thread. It does seem to be a common problem with this type of washing machine, there are so many posts online about this issue. My Samsung eco bubble is just over four years old and has been stopping during the daily wash cycle over the last few months. I’ve recalibrated, cleaned the filter etc but nothing works. I tried the tip of running through the delay timer before washing and thought I’d cracked it as it has worked perfectly over the last fortnight. Unfortunately I just heard the familiar ‘tring’ it gives when it’s about to stop mid cycle, which it has. Shame as I have really liked this washing machine, but I’m going to buy something else, probably a Bosch which appears to be far more reliable.

0 Likes
68 sharon
First Poster
Options

Hi I have done the baby hot wash and done 3 different washes with no problem thank you so much 

Mark136
Student
Options

Had the same problem, engineer replaced the complete wiring loom to resolve under an out of warranty repair £90 plus parts.  

0 Likes
Nalawor
First Poster
Options
Had the same problem and read some comments from other replies about the wiring connections.
I'm quite practical and decided to look inside (unplugging and turning water off).
Found nothing out of place from the top so removed back , checked connections and discovered a wire not connected. It was supposed to be attached to back of drum (behind pulley wheel) but had snapped just by crimp connector. A simple repair and everything running correctly.
Looks like the wire was too short in the first place.
0 Likes