Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eco Bubble seal detached from drum?

(Topic created on: 25-01-2020 06:13 PM)
AliceG16
First Poster
Options

Hi! Before I agree to have an engineer come out and end up having to pay out can someone confirm for me that the seal has detached from the drum of the washing machine. My partner and I can't agree.

Today I did a normal wash load, not particularly big as we are drying inside. When I opened the washing machine I noticed lots of small grey plastic bits around the seal, I thought maybe I'd put something through the wash but the more I looked I thought that the rough seam round the seal wasn't something normal? So I think that the seal has detached from the drum, my partner however thinks something has got stuck between the seal and drum (in a gap that's always been there he thinks) and rubbed it causing the little bits of plastic.

Who's right? And does it need an engineer to fix or not?

Thank you! 15799756408053242226829240346079.jpg

15799756654317194493281039831769.jpg

1579975727129994456374070426469.jpg

68 REPLIES 68
Dorondj
First Poster
Options

hi all... very anxious here as been told my machine is out of warranty and pretty annoyed.

We had the drum fixed last June and replaced (it essentially blew up and had a hole in the back) and never had any issues

The last few days it looks like the drum and seal have come apart although I'm unsure if it should look like this. Now I finished a load and it has started smoking and I can smell a really bad burning smell , and the whole thing is wobbly and makes a clunking noise when I turn it 

The same guy is coming  again but I never do big loads and can't understand what's happened. Is there obviously something wrong to look at here? Surely if the entire drum was replaced then its unf

0 Likes
Dorondj
First Poster
Options

16850161641191924033499501861647.jpg

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Dorondj, Are you based in the UK/Ireland? And did you have that repair arranged through Samsung Support?

0 Likes
Dorondj
First Poster
Options
Hi yes to both
0 Likes
Dorondj
First Poster
Options
Hi yes
0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

@Dorondj When did they arrange this? We take these matters very seriously and we recommend not using the machine until this has been inspected.

0 Likes
Dorondj
First Poster
Options
Last year July the entire drum got replaced. I have another engineer booked in to come in 2 weeks but I'm absolutely sick of this machine, it's only 2.5 years old and now out of warranty and I'm not paying for any new parts that I have to pay for, because if the drum is broken again that's less then 1 year from it being fixed
0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

@Dorondj Can you confirm what team you spoke to regarding this? Was this our Product Liaison Team? Please drop us a direct message via @Sam_UK and we can take a deeper look into this repair.

0 Likes
Dorondj
First Poster
Options
Yes it was. I don't use twitter so can I do it another way. I have a repair person to visit but it's only in 2 weeks and I have a baby and now no way to get anything washed which I don't find really acceptable, especially seeing as there was smoke coming out from my machine and it smells burning.
0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

@Dorondj This is our page via the Community. If this has been arranged via our Product Liaison Team, we would recommend allowing time for this to be investigated and please do not use the machine until it has been.

0 Likes