Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chef collection Dishwasher DW80H9970US

(Topic created on: 28-06-2020 04:35 AM)
Paul4851
Apprentice
Options

Hi All,  I have a Dishwasher Model# DW80H9970US  when I select sanitizing, at the end when I open the door the dishes are not hot and there is no steam, I know the heater is not heating the water.  There is no error. I measured the resistance on heating element which is around 14 ohm and I connected two terminal of RY202(wash Heater) relay together to supply the voltage to check heating element and the heater getting warm so heater is ok, but it seems relay RY202 is not working, RY202 is located on controller board(PBA) so I replaced PBA board, but it did not resolve  the problem. I do not know the used board which I replaced is bad or there is some other problem. In the service manual, it is noted that if the water level is low the heater will not work but the water level looks okay.

Please help me if you know or have any experience or any suggestion to fix the problem.

Thank you so much

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
@Paul4851: When you select the Sanitize option, does the "Sanitize" lamp blink when the water temperature reaches the sanitary temperature (over 155 ˚F (68 ˚C)), and then remain illuminated until the Sanitize option ends? If the Rinse Refill indicator is flashing, please refill the Rinse Aid Reservoir by checking out page 21 of the user manual via the link below. Please be aware that you cannot select the Sanitize option if you select the Delicate cycle.

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201503/20150330153554936/MANUAL_USERS_DD68-00149C-04_A...

0 Likes
Paul4851
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for reply. Sanitize lamp does not blink and I never use Rinse Aid Reservoir and I did not have any problem, I know before at the end of washing Sycle when I opened door all dishes were very hot but now it is not hot, I think rinse aid liquid only effect on quality of drying so the heater should work without rinse aid liquid.
0 Likes
Paul4851
Apprentice
Options

Based on service manual diagnostic prosedure I replaced controller board part number DD92-00041A that was a used board but nothing changed, so I replaced Assy Case Brake part number DD94-01091C. I repaced this part because based on  service manual diag. says if the level of water in dishwasher is low which is detecting by this part, causing the heating element stop working. As I said before the problem is sanitizing is not working. At the end of washing cycle when  I open the door the dishes are not hot like before.

Please help me if you know any other idea  or solution.

Thank you

0 Likes
Paul4851
Apprentice
Options

I purchased the main controller board, from Samsung parts, to make sure the part is new with no problem but nothing changed and still heater is  not working, I measured the AC voltage after RY202 terminal which suppose to be 110 v.

but was close to zero volt, so it means the relay RY202 is not working.

Do you know which other components causing this relay not operating.

0 Likes
Paul4851
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I purchased the main controller board, from Samsung parts, to make sure the part is new with no problem but nothing changed and still heater is  not working, I measured the AC voltage after RY202 terminal which suppose to be 110 v.

but was close to zero volt, so it means the relay RY202 is not working.

Do you know which other components causing this relay not operating?

0 Likes